Yamaha C4 Lamp Replacement

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by spark1, Jan 8, 2018.

1. spark1

spark1 New Member

Hello. New member, hoping to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge and experience here. I have a Yamaha C4 in very good condition (fully recapped, plus some additional work, prior to my acquisition).

Other than occasional issues with the input selectors, the only problem I've got is that 2 of the three indicator lamps are out. I remember from the last time I had it opened up to clean the switches that the lamps appeared to be difficult to access.

I'm guessing that the front panel, and maybe the two bottom boards mounted to connector assemblies, need to come off. Sure would appreciate any input as to whether or not I'm on the right track. I found some threads about replacement lamps for this unit, but nothing about the required disassembly. Thank you.

2. avionic

avionic " Black Knights " Subscriber

1. Pull top cover
    2. Pull bottom cover
    3. Remove knobs -- some require and 1.5mm hex wrench for set screws.***
    4. Remove the front panel slowly and carefully pull lamps out of the colored gromments.
    Bingo your ready to rock-n-roll.

*** The two larger tone control knobs have 2 set screws each. The volume control has one set screw. The two cart load knobs each have one. and the three paddle knobs each have one.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  3. avionic

I can replace them without removing those. But for a rooky.. It would make things easier.

4. avionic

Lamps are (14.5volt@80ma ) contact Dave at dgwojo.com and tell him what there for and he will build a kit that includes solder and heatshrink tubing. I'd replace all three..

5. avionic

Oh. BTW welcome aboard.:thumbsup:

6. spark1

spark1 New Member

Thank you very much, sir. In my time lurking, I've admired your knowledge and willingness to share it. You've provided exactly the info I needed. I've done business with Dave several times...he's a class act too. This place is great!

saltwater and avionic like this.