Yamaha C4 power shut down!

Edu1985

I have a problem with my C4.i ve recapped it with elna silmic s a few months ago.All worked well but about 2 weeks ago suddenly it goes dead.after powering on with works for about 3 minutes after completely shuts down..sound and lights.ii i turn it on again works but only for 1 sec and goes dead again.if i let it rest for more time and turn it on again works again for a.few minutes after it goes dead again.Could be a bad solder?or something bad in the power supply
?i should mention that i missed to replace 2 10uf bipolar caps in the power supply.i didn t seen then when i ve made the list with the parts so they are still.the old ones.

Attachments

• 15209506230981858847894.jpg
    15209506230981858847894.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 20
Thx Avionic..but it seems that it came back to life by itself...a week ago did the same thing....i ve redid some cold joints including the tranzistors with the big heatsinks ...i hope that will not die again

Were the two large heatsinks both fastened to the board with screws ? BTW those two heatsinks usually have a lot of dried glue around them.Especially if there are no screws.

Well maybe you got the issue corrected. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom