Yamaha ca-1010 strange noise only on Normal mode?

pepepito

Hi Guys.

After the ordeal to repair and recap this amp less than a year ago now out of the blue started making this noise only in Normal mode and doesn't matter what I change or move or disconnect noise still comes up and doesn't seem ever to go away.

I can play music in normal mode with this added "effect" :)

here is a link to the record file : NormalModeNoise

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
in the same page after click the link, on the right side you see the file name, click there and it will play.

I updated the file.

Only occurs in Normal mode not in class A and only in one channel not both and any source.

First I would clean the Normal/class A switch. May require removal and disassembly.

-------Disregard------

Last edited:
I already cleaned it up but I didn't took it apart it was working fine for months and out of nowhere started doing this

Could possibly be a fouled contact on the class A relay. Thats the relay you can see from the top of the unit. Tap on that relay and see if it effects your alien noise.

in the same page after click the link, on the right side you see the file name, click there and it will play.
i dont see that link . it goes on about google drive or something . wants me to allow things . i dont understand it all ..never mind .

it will ask you about allowing to play the file through your browser that is all.
this is what i see ..then if i click open with music player i see the next screenshot ....

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2017-02-09 18-23-33.png
    Screenshot from 2017-02-09 18-23-33.png
    66 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot from 2017-02-09 18-25-44.png
    Screenshot from 2017-02-09 18-25-44.png
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
ok that is for the online google player you can just download the file by clicking the down arrow icon on the top right and then you music player in your computer will play it for you.

Decouple the pre-amp from the amplifier with the decoupler switch on the rear panel. And see if you still have the noise.

Last edited:
If so . In the noisy channel try Replacing D301 (VD1212) with a couple 1N4148 diodes wired in series. These VD's go noisy sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom