Yamaha CA-1010

Thanks for the advice on the thermal compound...I just ordered some of the Wakefield-Vette 120...Just waiting for my trimmer pots...

Thanks! Have you updated the lights on the CA-1010's to Leds?
I’ve done it in mine. You need to rectify the AC from the power board, add a smoothening cap between the rectified + and - and add a resistor of the correct value in series with each LED. You can't put all 5 LED's in series with one resistor, because 5x voltage drop is more than the rectified DC.

Hoping the Yamaha experts are reading today. Recently acquired a R-2000. Very powerful clean power. I'm pleased. One issue... Ugly hum from the phono section. Even without a table plugged in. Before I open the hood. Any idea??

Hoping the Yamaha experts are reading today. Recently acquired a R-2000. Very powerful clean power. I'm pleased. One issue... Ugly hum from the phono section. Even without a table plugged in. Before I open the hood. Any idea??
What I think is you need to start your own thread ;) This is someone else's thread about a completely different amp :)

Mr. Yamaha I read your post about the CA-2010...great pics great work...how did you get the boards so clean?...mine still have flux from the manufacturing process all over

Flux cleaner, dish wash soap and an oven at 50 degrees celcius are your greatest friends ;)

Hmm, I do like the multi turns better. These are single turn. But, they should be able to do the job just fine. Maybe a bit more touchy to adjust.

Back
Top Bottom