Yamaha ca-410

ianniele

Has anybody information regarding this amp? Would like to know wat jou all think about the sound it produces compaired to a Marantz or a Sansusi
Thanks alot IAN

I think this was the peak of the Yamaha era. I love mine. Nice clean sound. The thing is, in an amp in this power range, the circuit topology will be similar to all major manufacturers of this era. Marantz and Sansui were also very good during this time. I'm not sure you could really hear a difference in the 10-15 watt range.

On the other hand, its a great little "computer" amp. Perfect for driving headphones and small bookshelf speakers, like Boston A-40/60/70's, etc.

For technical informations, I have uploaded the Owner's manual and a clean schematic on the Yamaha database on AK.

I've made minor modifications in my unit, mainly to reduce the offset and the noise floor, but it remains a 25+25 Watts amplifier...

For technical informations, I have uploaded the Owner's manual and a clean schematic on the Yamaha database on AK.

I've made minor modifications in my unit, mainly to reduce the offset and the noise floor, but it remains a 25+25 Watts amplifier...

Hi there ecluser, I recently acquired a CA-410 and have so far only found the manual for a CA-410II.

Pardon my ignorance but how do I access the Yamaha database? I tried looking through the digital docs section but couldn't find anything...

Thanks in advance!

hello guy's

i can't access to the yamaha database. i have a problem on my yamaha ca-410, is someone who can give me the owner's manual and the shématic of the circuit board?

thank you fron france!

The CA-410 was my first amp, bought it new. It was also my only amp for about a decade or so and it was only when I came upon a CA-1010 for free that we parted company. Very nice little amp. Like a small dog it thinks and acts much bigger than it is.

ecluser,

i've made a mistake. I think i have the CA-410 II, ,have you somme link to download his shematics and/or owner's manual?

Thanks a lot

i was telling that because the rear panel of my ca-410 is like that:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=188178&stc=1&d=1262794099

....who is knownw as a CA 410 II

but on the front of my appareil there is no "II", there is only specified CA 410 and no CA 410 II.

I have a voltage selector at the rear of my apparel, and there is no voltage selector at the rear panel describe in the cA 410 owner's maual you provide to me

Attachments

• CA410II.jpg
    CA410II.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 70
The CA-410II was very common in the US (I don't think the unsuffixed CA-410 was ever sold in the US as such). The CA-410 looks more like the bigger amps in the line (including the CA-610II) while the CA-410II looks "cheaper".

The front plate of the 410 is quite different than the 410II

There is no variable loudness on the CA-410, bass and treble controls are at the top on the left side of the power meters, no switch at the top on the right side of the power meters.

Did you compare the schematic for the CA410 with your amplifier circuit?

Hi
I own the ca-800 and ca-600 they're great amps.

I owned a ca-810 and it was not as clear sounding as the ca-800

I suspect the 00 series are the one to go after.

. . . but it remains a 25+25 Watts amplifier...

I'll be darned. I could have sworn this thing was only 15, but I double checked the manual, and its 20/ch. (This is the CA-400.) Its only 5 watts more, but I'll take it. :thmbsp:

ok, i have no variable loudness and no switch at the right of the power meters.The front panel we can see on the picture i've post is not like mine. So i think i have a "normal" CA 410, but i have a voltage selector at the rear panel, may be it's have been possible, for européan productions may be?

i have no one switches that you mentionned, so i think i have a "nroaml" CA 410. May be the voltage selector was for européan productions?

What is your problem with your amp? We can work with the CA-410 schematic.

If you can post pictures of the inside, I can compare with mine.

Back
Top Bottom