Yamaha CA-610 II Lamps

Nocturnal

Howdy folks, just bought a CA-610 II, and while it's in great shape and sounds wonderful, it came with two different coloured lamps .. one yellow and one green. Was wondering what the original colour was, and if anyone could point out a source for these lamps?

Real light green in color. Contact dgwojo via PM.He may be able to shed some light on the subject.

Last edited:
I always thought they were more yellow...can you post a pic of the amp with both colors???

Bill

They are 12volt@60ma incandescent bulbs..So they may well be yellowish.Unless like the CR series they are positioned behind a blueish filter that makes them appear real light green.

Here's a pic of my CA-710 (a 610 II by anything but name as far as I can tell)...

vintagehifi1.jpg

The lamps look greener in the flesh.

They fit into little rubber cups in the main faceplate (not the dummy one you actually see), and in front of those are kinda triangular shaped pieces of clear plastic, used to disperse the light evenly across the width of the meter. These bits of clear plastic are held on only by being sandwiched between the main and dummy faceplates, and a set of four very small pegs moulded into them.

Just PM Dave

AKA dgwojo. I just installed the lamps he sent me over a year ago into my CA-810 (before selling it...:smoke:) and they fit and worked perfectly....

CIMG6981.jpg

Depending on the color of the rubber cup. I'll bet one of the cups are either missing or deteriorated.They crack and break with age and heat.

Depending on the color of the rubber cup. I'll bet one of the cups are either missing or deteriorated.They crack and break with age and heat.

That would make sense. My rubber cups are in good condition, and are still very flexible, but when I bought the amp one of the lamps was dead - this meant they were both out as they're wired in series. I seem to remember the seller telling me they'd been out for a long time. So the rubber cups in mine clearly hadn't been dealing with the heat for quite so long. The seller used the system in a small office too, so presumably the volume was never loud enough to increase ambient case temps either.

Here's a pic of my CA-710 (a 610 II by anything but name as far as I can tell)...

vintagehifi1.jpg

The lamps look greener in the flesh.

They fit into little rubber cups in the main faceplate (not the dummy one you actually see), and in front of those are kinda triangular shaped pieces of clear plastic, used to disperse the light evenly across the width of the meter. These bits of clear plastic are held on only by being sandwiched between the main and dummy faceplates, and a set of four very small pegs moulded into them.

That's nice...
Bill

Our lamp genie dgwojo has colored condoms for the lamps as well...

light green, dark green, red, blue, yellow, etc. just ask him when you send a PM.

Back
Top Bottom