Yamaha CA -800 Circuit Board

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by Chaulk61, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Chaulk61

Chaulk61 New Member

I am trying to fix a CA - 800. It has a broken rear panel circuit board which I am attempting to repair, but this may be beyond my limited skill set. Other than e-bay, which I am monitoring, is there anywhere where else I can look for a used one to replace it?
    Thanks

Please register to disable this ad.

2. clinic-audio

clinic-audio all on YAMAHA untill 1990

Any picture ?

3. Chaulk61

Chaulk61 New Member

According to the service manual it is # NA 06503 but it looks more like 06680 written on the board....though it is not very clear.
    FCBAE258-0EA3-45DB-BF98-2DDEBEE047E7.jpeg FCBAE258-0EA3-45DB-BF98-2DDEBEE047E7.jpeg

4. clinic-audio

clinic-audio all on YAMAHA untill 1990

Can you precise what is broken because we can't see anything bad in your picture .....

5. Chaulk61

Chaulk61 New Member

The bottom right corner was completely snapped off. I have glued it back together, and resoldered the broken circuits. I tried it out, and it did fix the “no sound at all “ problem, but unfortunately I did mess something up , as now it blasts distortion when I turn the amp on, even with the volume turned completely down. I have pulled it out again and am going to check all the circuits that I reconnected.
    I still wish to source a good used one, as my repair skills are limited at this stage.

6. mbz

mbz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Using jumper wires, between solder points, to bypass the damaged trackwork may help. Will look ugly a sin but may be an interium solution

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Chaulk61

Chaulk61 New Member

I ended up doing just that and have got it working. And a distinguished AK member has a replacement board for me as well.

911s55 and avionic like this.