Yamaha CA/CT-1010, not a vintage tube radio.

I've been listening to a lot of AM talk/news radio in the mornings. So I thought it would be kinda fun to get a vintage table top tube radio. Something refurbished from the 30-50s. Something like an old Zenith or Crosley with lots of wood or maybe something in bakelite. So I've been checking the usual places.

Well... as you can see, it quite didn't work out the way I intended. I had the CA/CT810s a while back and they were great sounding, but they were a bit cosmetically challenged. So for a "score" price I couldn't resist this pair. Sounds incredibly good and it's in like new condition. The Sansui, Marantz, and Cary/Pro-Ject are collecting dust. :D

Yamaha026-sm.jpg

Last edited:
No cosmetic challenges on this pair! :thmbsp: Let us know what you think of the sound and what speaks your using. :music:

Do your audio community a favor.....

Scan the owner's manuals, and get them posted here or at Hi Fi Engine.

Lot's of your friends would appreciate it.....:thmbsp:

No cosmetic challenges on this pair! :thmbsp: Let us know what you think of the sound and what speaks your using. :music:

So far it's been all radio and an iPod. It sounds crazy good! I'm using RayW's budget Roundignias... cause they sound better than my ADSs and Thiels.

I'm really looking forward to taking some time hooking up a TT and CD player. As well as fooling around with tube pre-amp and stuff and giving it a thorough listening.

Euro models as well. Nice looking!

Those are USA models. For the CA and CT lines, Yamaha used the same flush cabinet as they did everywhere. My CA-2010 and CT-1010 look just like that.

It was only the CR models that differed (thinking Americans like more wood for their receivers, I guess).

Looks just like the pair sitting to my left. Near mint, from the original owner with brochures and manuals. One small difference, the literature in this case is in French!

Wonderful combo, enjoy, I sure do!

Back
Top Bottom