Yamaha CA610 phono input not working

SajM

Hi,
When I plug in my turntable into the Phono input of my CA 610 amplifier, the sound is very disturbed, scratchy, muffled. The turntable, which has a built in preamp, sounds fine if i use the AUX, TUNER, TAPE inputs.
I tried cleaning the inputs with electrical contact cleaner but that didn't help.

Any suggestions/ advice? Thank you

If your TT has a built in pre-amp don't use the phono input. Now if your TT was like normal TT's ,there is no built in pre-amp. And plugging into the 610 phono goes directly to a phono pre-amp in the 610. Your trying to stack phono pre-amps with yours and that doesn't work .. Period !!!

Last edited:
If it has a built in pre-amp don't use the phono input. Now if your TT was like normal TT's there is no built in pre-amp. And plugging into the phono goes directly to a phono pre-amp in the 610. Your trying to stack phono pre-amps with yours and that doesn't work .. Period !!!
Thank you. I did have an inkling that this might be the case but wasn't sure. I thought perhaps the Turntable would bypass it's own preamp by default. I did try out the CA610 when buying it and the inputs were working fine. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom