Yamaha CR-1020 transformation (bandwidth warning!)

Wow....absolutely stunning....I want mine to look like that.

That is about the best looking receiver I've seen.

Outstanding! I had seen pics of the case in progress but the finished product is much more than the sum of the parts. Great work!

Now, just to complete the effect I guess we'll have to work out a deal on this minty set of Yamaha Orthodynamic Headphones I have sitting here (YH-1). ;)

Ray

When you relamped the receiver, did you have to replace wires and bulbs as well?

What's that headphone plug thingie for?
Just a plastic cover plug (dust cap) for the headphone jacks.

That is one gorgeous receiver. That SA Rosewood rocks....:thmbsp:

I also should say that that is the most beautiful piece of wonderful sounding equipment that I have seen. Wish mine would look that good :)

I also should say that that is the most beautiful piece of wonderful sounding equipment that I have seen. Wish mine would look that good :)
Don't worry sonny--all it takes is money....allen jackson

hahahaha...thanks for the laugh avionic (or cry) as I am beginning to realize! I am sure that a piece like that that is really a one of a kind is worth it in the long run.

When you relamped the receiver, did you have to replace wires and bulbs as well?

Yes, you can get the lamps from AKer dgwojo, very reasonably.

It seems this thread got resurrected somehow - I have a new shot for you guys. The 1020 shares a rack with a Yamaha B-2 and a Bottlehead pre.
rack4.jpg

Nice

Yes - no kidding that is a nice case. I've included a pic of a factory case (SN-06788) just for comparison...

Attachments

• Resize of Yamaha CR1020 (1).JPG
    Resize of Yamaha CR1020 (1).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 311
Oh my GAWD, that is beautiful. :D

I have always liked the older Yamaha gear but I must say, that is perhaps the most perfect example of any late 70's receiver (at least from yamaha) that I've ever seen.

Do take good care of that old girl. If she looks half as good as she sounds, I would never give her up.

Oh my GAWD, that is beautiful. :D

Gary out did hisself on the case, and the Watco Danish Oil really brought out the grain nicely.

Do take good care of that old girl. If she looks half as good as she sounds, I would never give her up.

It is in pretty much perfect condition - the face plate is mint and everything works fine. When I got it, the case had been damaged by a poor packing job - really a poster child for why one layer of thin bubble wrap taped to the bottom and tossing it into a box of peanuts isn't a good idea.

Currently I use it as an FM source and for vinyl times, feeding either Cornwalls or Polk 7B's depending on the type of music I'm listening to.

Since Gary did the veneer job on it, he's likely the only one ever to get it should I decide to part with it.

Back
Top Bottom