Yamaha CR-1020 transformation (bandwidth warning!)

Thanks for the kind words all.

It was one of my favorites as well even though I ran the grain the wrong way.:lmao:

ejfud, actually IMHO I prefer the grain going that way. I had to go back and look at the picture to see what you were talking about. Honestly, I couldn't imagine what it would like running horizontally (in the pic).
If I were to get mine done, or do it myself (not bloody likely), then I for sure would want the grain the same way you ran it. It just looks right.

ejfud, actually IMHO I prefer the grain going that way. I had to go back and look at the picture to see what you were talking about. Honestly, I couldn't imagine what it would like running horizontally (in the pic).
If I were to get mine done, or do it myself (not bloody likely), then I for sure would want the grain the same way you ran it. It just looks right.

I'm with ya on that one.

I wanted to show as much of the beautiful grain as possible.

not to offend anyone...but quit posting. I see someone has posted and I want to read this thread. Then I always pick the first page so that I have no choice but to see the wonderful pics of the CR-1020! Seriously though, it is very clear it was done correctly!

I can only imagine the difficulty of matching up all that grain. Running grain short on the front had to be the real kicker on this one. Very well done.

someone mentioned the reveneering is therapy wellllllll i have a 3020 case thats buggered up and I charge very lil for therapy...lol

I just passed on a CR-1020 (too much was asked for it, although very good shape) and now I'm thinking I'm an ass...

That is the Chip Foose resto on the cabinet....better than original!:yes: (which isn't SHABBY!)

The definition of elegance. A work of art. I have 1020, but me want rosewood case...

Receivers (or any gear) don't get much better looking, she's a museum piece.

Cheers.

Great veneer job and nice choice with the Rosewood. Kinda makes the yammie look wild and exciting.:grnbounce

CR 1020 service/parts question

Hi
Excuse me for butting in, I'm new here . I have a CR1020 which I acquired in the early 93s s/h. It is a truly wonderful thing and over the years I have resoldered, replamped etc. The main (volume) pot has been getting noisier and one channel has been dropping out. I'm guessing it has simply worn out. I opened it up, its a complex ganged thing. I tried to find a replacement but had no luck - a guy in Sweden said he *might* have one. Does anyone know where I might find one, or can anyone suggest a fix. (I've got a schematic - original owners manual - I'm a pretty capable electronics amateur).
thanks!

Hi
Excuse me for butting in, I'm new here . I have a CR1020 which I acquired in the early 93s s/h. It is a truly wonderful thing and over the years I have resoldered, replamped etc. The main (volume) pot has been getting noisier and one channel has been dropping out. I'm guessing it has simply worn out. I opened it up, its a complex ganged thing. I tried to find a replacement but had no luck - a guy in Sweden said he *might* have one. Does anyone know where I might find one, or can anyone suggest a fix. (I've got a schematic - original owners manual - I'm a pretty capable electronics amateur).
thanks!

More than likely why the volume pot has been getting noisier and your channal has been dropping out is because you need to clean the controls on your receiver including the volume pot.

Get a can of Caig Deoxit D5 and spray it into the control and move it about 30 or 40 times so that it can dissolve all the crud that built up in the controls over the years. After you have sprayed the controls with the deoxit let it dry over night and then try it out the next day (do not turn on the receiver right after you sprayed it with deoxit :nono:, let it DRY over night, then turn it on). If you still hear noise in the controls then go over the controls again with deoxit and let it dry.

After you have sprayed and cleaned the controls, get a can of Caig Faderlube which is the lubricant that lets the controls move easier with no friction. Just spray the Faderlube into the controls and move the control about 10 times so that the Faderlube can get into controls.

If you do this then the noise will go away and the channal won't dropout anymore. :thmbsp:
And just enjoy the music. :music:

Back
Top Bottom