Yamaha CR-2020 ride

fernarias

I just took a CR-2020 all the way to the end of the volume control without clipping on an 8 ohm load and it read 122 watts. Is this unusual? I thought so, I mean it was recapped, all transistors were upgraded in the power supply and amp, voltages on the power supply were normal. I always thought the available voltage on the power supply was the limiting factor (volume control tested normal). I was not trying to do this but when setting up the meters to 50 watts and on the scope I thought lets see how far this goes, and it went all the way. Weird.

that sounds about right, specs is 105 wpc. Is this with both channels on at the same time ? 1 khz? or 20-20khz ? all this matters.
And how are you monitoring the clipping ?

And "the end of the volume control" means really nothing at all, since the power it puts out at any given "volume" point fully depends on the input signal strength....

that sounds about right, specs is 105 wpc. Is this with both channels on at the same time ? 1 khz? or 20-20khz ? all this matters.
And how are you monitoring the clipping ?

And "the end of the volume control" means really nothing at all, since the power it puts out at any given "volume" point fully depends on the input signal strength....
It was only at 1khz since I was adjusting the meters. I was monitoring the clipping with a scope, 1054z, and 200 watt 8 ohm resistors. Your right that it doesn't mean anything but it's just that I've never seen this before. All the amps that I have tested clipped before I ran out of volume.

Back
Top Bottom