Yamaha CR-2040 (Does it use the STK)

escorial

Ok so I picked up a beater 2040 that is supposedly working but has some lamps out and the FM is weak as well as a poor cabinet. I bought it sight unseen and will hopefully have it in a week or so.

I remember from when I had a R-2000 that they receiver used some propritary transistors or somthing like that started with STK and tranking down replacement took months as they are NLA also I remember hearing that the CR line used STK?

The seller of the 2040 told me that the u2040 uses metal die TO-3 outputs rather than the plastic STK's. Is that true and if so are they available?

In needed I would like to have the receiver refreshed and hopefully parts are available.

TIA,
John

The original Hitachi OPTs are no longer available but I have used a set of Sankens from BDent with great success, just remember to order silicone insulators because the Sankens are bigger but the mounting holes align perfectly. I forget the part numbers but I could get that info from BDEnt.

Dont know if I need them but on the other hand I would like the info, PN# and prices and where to get them as well as the silicone insulators.

Any other parts that are also hard to get I would appreciate to know what could be done if I need them.

Also what about the lamps? are they all still available through Yamaha? I know right off the bat that the I need:
Two dial lamps are out and the three bi-pin lamps for the meters are out.

Thanks

The original Hitachi OPTs are no longer available but I have used a set of Sankens from BDent with great success, just remember to order silicone insulators because the Sankens are bigger but the mounting holes align perfectly. I forget the part numbers but I could get that info from BDEnt.

A good Yamaha choice. Easier to repair and no STK chips. Good old discrete transistors. Powerful to boot and good sounding if a little bit lean on top (Yamaha's house sounding). Very nice score. Should also serve you well for years and in my opinion Yamaha's best series. :tresbon:

Found my old post, the Sanken subs are: for thhe 2SB700 use a 2SA1215, for the 2SD736 use a 2SC2921. The original Hitachis were a variant on the bat-wing case, being larger than the standard case.

Back
Top Bottom