Yamaha CR-420 rescued!

walkandtalk

I was at the electronics recycling center dropping off an UPS that got zapped (fine work, soldier!) during a recent electrical storm. I don't go often, but I always keep my eyes open.

This time, hmm.... flat panel LCDs (nope, have no idea how to fix), some old Sony DVD players (starting to get too many spares myself) lots and lots of old office equipment - and then - underneath a giant laser copier, a silver face.

Probably smashed, I'm thinking, but I can read Yamaha, and the glass is intact. Wood case, too. So I push the copier off, expecting to see the back half of the chassis caved in and splintered, but (there is a God!) not even a scratch!

:banana::banana::banana:

It's all I can do to not raise it over my head and shout, but the recycling guys don't really like it when people pick through "their" stuff, so I walked quickly back to the car and put it in the back. Not untill I got home did I get to see exactly what I found.

A very clean and pretty Yamaha CR-420.

Not the most powerful (22 watts), but I am very pleased!

YamahaCR-420001.jpg

YamahaCR-420002.jpg

These are "as found". There's just a little dust on the case and inside, but not a scratch on the unit. Slight ding on a corner of the case, and some schmutz that will wipe off easy.

After turning it on, the lights for the tuner don't come on, but otherwise it works fine. Some scratchiness in the Vol. , but I'll give her a good cleaning tonight!

Yamaha CR-420 Owner's manual PDF

Golf Clap

Eggscellent rescue, you are to be commended.

<to prior owner> :nono: for shame, littering our landfills with such beautiful pieces.

What a save.

I have a Yammie CR440 and I am pleased with it, cost me $6.67 and came with its wood case (well, not really wood, but it looks real nice).

No repairs and works like a charm.

Cheers

After turning it on, the lights for the tuner don't come on, but otherwise it works fine.

Regarding that point, I don't think there are lamps to turn on. The LEDs to the far right for FM/stereo come on, but I don't actually see anything that would illuminate the tuner scale. No lamps suits me just fine...

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Regarding that point, I don't think there are lamps to turn on. The LEDs to the far right for FM/stereo come on, but I don't actually see anything that would illuminate the tuner scale. No lamps suits me just fine...

Can anyone confirm or deny?

Yami's typically just have an illuminated dial pointer, not the whole scale. the lamp is IN the pointer. :D

Back
Top Bottom