Yamaha CR-620 LED lamp upgrade complete!

Eastham

More Class-A than ever!
Just got finished soldering in the last LED and it certainly looks pretty nifty, I used warm white 5mm LEDs and hot glued them into the lamp sockets, they fit nice and snugly. Combined with the green filters on the pointer and the dials I think it puts off a nice warm green glow, glad I didn't go with green LEDs like I originally planned.

vRsQlzy.jpg

Night shot.

XnqHFVM.jpg

oHuTwPQ.jpg

My Yammie is so close to being 100% perfect now.

Last edited:
Looks great! Which value resistors did you use?

None, the CR-620's lamp circuit run's on 12v DC, so no need for any additional modification which is pretty handy, just order some regular 12v LED's and pop 'em in! Next on the list for mod's will be beefing up the filter cap's and adding better heatsinking to the power supply transistors to help drive lower impedance speakers.

Nice work. I still don't understand why Yamaha didn't fully light the tuning dial. I had a CR-820 here a while back. Just for fun I temporarily placed a string of warm white LEDs above and behind the tuning dial. It looked promising.

I have a CR-1020 here that I'll get to at some point. Il try really installing the LED strip on that one to see if it works. I'll use a red LED in the tuning pointer so it shows up. I'll post in this forum if/when I do it.

Just got finished soldering in the last LED and it certainly looks pretty nifty, I used warm white 5mm LEDs and hot glued them into the lamp sockets, they fit nice and snugly. Combined with the green filters on the pointer and the dials I think it puts off a nice warm green glow, glad I didn't go with green LEDs like I originally planned.

vRsQlzy.jpg

Night shot.

XnqHFVM.jpg

oHuTwPQ.jpg

My Yammie is so close to being 100% perfect now.
Those leds look good.I don't care for most.Some blues look purple.Not natural looking to the receiver.

Those leds look good.I don't care for most.Some blues look purple.Not natural looking to the receiver.

Thanks. I always use high quality LED's and make a proper rectifier and regualtor circuit for my LED circuits and a lot of times they come out nice. The Yammies are easy though with their lamps already running on DC voltage.

Back
Top Bottom