Yamaha CR 620 Mystery

Jpowell1, I do have the above listed capacitors... if you find shipping from mouser to be too expensive, let me know by PM and I can mail them to you for the price of postage. Still more than the what the caps are worth, but should only be a couple bucks or so.

^^^you prefer those to the FCs in those areas??

Panasonics or Nichicon "Machs Nix"..I sent my list in and e-mail this morning.For some reason I had gotten a "undeliverable message" so I posted it here.

Ah - means nothing. ("caps is caps" - that was you that told me that. I thought so.) A bit of a price diff though - probably because the PWs are specified as low impedance... while the FCs are not. You can guess what this Dutchman will go for... ;)

Panasonics or Nichicon "Machs Nix"..I sent my list in and e-mail this morning.For some reason I had gotten a "undeliverable message" so I posted it here.

My hughesnet internet has been acting strangeand I havent had dependable service for approx 2 days
Thanks again for all yalls help

Thanks to 4seat and avionic new caps for the protect on the way
Avionic identified them and 4 seat is sending them
If this works (and even if it doesnt) I owe you guys a cup of coffee or other beverage of your choice

I hate it when it does that..LOL

I would consider replacing these caps with New Nichicon PW or HE's. I'm think 'n one of them has dried up..
C813 22uf/25vdc
C814 22uf/25vdc
C815 4.7uf/35vdc
C816 33uf/16vdc

Don't pull them until you've got the replacements in-hand. Or, if you do pull them ,document the correct polarity.The silkscreen on the circuit board may or may not be correct.
Also check the actual values and voltages before ordering.Schematic may or may not be correct.Order what ever is actually installed for 813-816...:thmbsp:

While your at it lets replace TR808 and 809 as well (relay driver transistors)
Stand-by I'll find a Mouser part number.

512-KSA1013YTA

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMsTKkj12KWLXuW5oDYpP%2bzxOykqbcsg7Sk=

TR808 gets replaced as well
512-KSC1845FTA
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...GAEpiMZZMsTKkj12KWLXuW5oDYpP%2bzxSlkrctCof5s=

These transistors..

Is there a way to bypass /troubleshoot it before throwing some more parts at it

OK...I need the operating voltages from the emitters,collectors and bases of these transistors.
TR805,806,807 and 808...

OK...I need the operating voltages from the emitters,collectors and bases of these transistors.
TR805,806,807 and 808...

Do you mean what it is supposed to be or what it is on my unit
If you want me to measure it I need more instruction

Do you mean what it is supposed to be or what it is on my unit
If you want me to measure it I need more instruction

I need to know what the voltages are on your unit. So I can compare it to the schematic and what there suppose to be..

I need to know what the voltages are on your unit. So I can compare it to the schematic and what there suppose to be..

I do not have the same level of expertise as you and I therefore need to be guided as if I dont know anything
Thanks again for your detailed help

Use a schematic diagram or layout diagram to determine which transistor is being referred to. Sometimes they are labeled on the PCB. Then you need to determine which is the emitter, base, and collector leg of the transistors. Looking up the datasheet of each transistor online will tell you this information. (google) A bit tedious? yep. But that's the process! :)

Then, with the receiver turned on, you need to put your -ve probe on the chassis (ground) of the receiver and use the +ve probe to measure the voltages on the 3 legs of each transistor mentioned. Be VERY careful not to touch two pins of the transistors at the same time with your probe...

Does that help?

Not sure which voltages you have checked... But to determine E C B legs of the transistors the data sheet is helpful. Read the numbers on the transistor, then look it up. Echowars (I think) has a transistor testing tutorial on here somewhere... See if you can find that. Post the voltages for all 3 legs if the transistors that avionic specified.... And I think he will be able to surmise something from the results.
Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

(edit - see below. doesn't get any easier than that! good on you avionic)

Last edited:
I can test the voltages
Which ones do I test?----- The ones with the red dot
What do I google? --- No need to google anything.Diagrams supplied.
I thought I already did this by the way.--- Might have,but you need the practice. And it wasn't documented.:D

As your looking at the flat side of these 4 transistors(marked with red dot) - the leads are..Emitter,Collector and Base...

Hope this clears things up..

oops..that fifth transistor TR809 I don't believe I need..Just 805,806,807 and 808..

Attachments

• CIMG0882.JPG
    CIMG0882.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC03820.JPG
    DSC03820.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom