C......
B......
TR808
E......
C......
B......

I can test the voltages
Which ones do I test?----- The ones with the red dot
What do I google? --- No need to google anything.Diagrams supplied.
I thought I already did this by the way.--- Might have,but you need the practice. And it wasn't documented.:D

As your looking at the flat side of these 4 transistors(marked with red dot) - the leads are..Emitter,Collector and Base...

Hope this clears things up..

oops..that fifth transistor TR809 I don't believe I need..Just 805,806,807 and 808..
Is that left to right?
Nevermind I see it now
Thanks I will get these to you tomorrow
Giving myself and you a holiday break

No rest for me.I've got yamaha VFET's coming out my ears.

Last edited:
805 0-0-1.2
806 0-0-0
807 0-=0=1.2
808 0-48-0
809 51-0-48
Couldnt wait
Thats E-C-B
Threw 809 in there just in case

Last edited:
Can you find D805 ? Its a 12volt zener diode.If so, unsolder one end and measure its resistance.
Find TR 802 and check the voltages on the three leads.

BTW-- Your using a analog meter correct? I think you may be reading the wrong scale. Some of the previous measurements are like twice as much as should be there.

TR802 (2SD234) looks like this..
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=2sd2...w=211&start=0&ndsp=63&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:90

the pin out 1,2 & 3
is base-collector-emitter

Its most likely fasten to a small aluminum heatsink.

Last edited:
802 is 27-50-28
I am assuming 802 is next to 803
803 is marked 802 is not
Unable to find 805
That is set to AC I did this before getting the message I will make further measurements on DC

Also 802 has 3 legs which 2 do I measure

TR802 requires DC voltage measurements B,C & E (in circuit and power applied)

D805 needs to be isolated ( power disconnected!!!) unsolder one end,doesn't matter which end, and measure the resistance across the diode..from one end to the other end.
Here is the location of the diode..

Attachments

• CIMG0885.JPG
    CIMG0885.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
TR805,808 and 809 appear to have correct voltages
TR806 and 807 are missing some voltages. If D805 is shorted that would explain the missing voltages.

For 805 With the meter set at RX1 it read 20 with it set at RX10 it read 10 and set on RX1K it read 5

switch the test leads around.If it reads the same thing that diode is bad.

Zener diodes will not check like a normal diode with your meter.It requires a hi-impedance meter.

BTW --Diodes are polarized.That diode should have a dark band on one end.That indicates the cathode .

Last edited:
when testing 802 the leg closest to the rear of the receiver started sizzling and I could see arcing and the relay clicked
All 3 tested 26-45-27 and every time I touched it it would make the relay click on the one leg with visible and audible sizzling
When the relay comes on no lights come on and it still stays in tuner mode no matter where the input switch is

when testing 802 the leg closest to the rear of the receiver started sizzling and I could see arcing and the relay clicked
All 3 tested 26-45-27 and every time I touched it it would make the relay click on the one leg with visible and audible sizzling
When the relay comes on no lights come on and it still stays in tuner mode no matter where the input switch is

Check your solder connections for solder bridging.Or reflow the solder connections for that transistor.
With power disconnected of course..

Tuner is powered up constantly no matter which input is selected.

Back
Top Bottom