Yamaha CR420 lights?

iflopdanutz

I picked up a VERY nice little Yamaha CR420 yesterday. The dial light and the meter lights are out. I picked up some 12V 60ma lamps from RS. From reading, I understand these are in series and if one is out they all are out.....???

Well after replacing all, I still get nothing but the little red FM/AM lights on the right side...... :tears:

Can anyone shed some light on this.....haha (no pun intended) :smoke:

I have a crappy old meter but wouldn't know how to check this :tears:
I'm more of a refoam, replace lights kind of guy. Sir Byrd will be down on Friday and said he would help me check it out :thmbsp:

I did locate the pins you mentioned though so maybe I'll do some checking into seeing if there is voltage :scratch2:

Ok I am no expert, yesterday I put in new leds in my 1020 yamaha and at first nothing worked .Then I tried the dial light nothing, then I switched wires and pop lights on! try diferent combinations. Lke I said hit or miss.

I did try the flip flop thing but nothing. BUT I did it it working. Here's what I found. On one of the pins there was a yellowish crystal type substance. I got in and cleared that away....hooked back up and IT WORKS :banana:

But what would that crystal type substance be and why would it cause the lights to not work? :scratch2:

False friggin alarm :tears:

I got them to work but the slightest tap on the receiver and the lights blink. So I went poking around and tracked it down to the posts leading to the dial light. I've worked for hours trying to resolder wire to the posts to no avail.....I'm ready to throw this pig outside in the rain!!! :grumpy:

Now I've got hacked up wires leading to the dial light.......some crappy lights in the tuning meter as I've ruined the other 2 lights I had....I've never been so pissed of at a piece of gear :uzi:

Thanks Will.... I went and got some wick.....undid what was done, got new lamps and started over with a clean slate and got er done :thmbsp:

P.S. The Technics sounds GREAT with those Advents :music:
I had the tube amp pushing the JBL's all day......SWEET combo :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom