Yamaha CT610 ll, sounds good but mono only.

Are you listening to 102 or 91Mhz?

Look at this site...

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/finder?call=KHNS&x=0&y=0&sr=Y&s=C

102 is 3K watt and at 6 miles should be no problem. but 91 is only 49 watts and might be an issue at 6 miles. The above gives you a coverage map. You can also put your location into http://www.fmfool.com/ and it will give a complete run down on the stations you should be able to receive.
Very interesting links! Thanks. I am tuned into 102.3 and am in the Mud Bay area just on the edge of a 1800 foot hill that is almost blocking line of sight from where the transmitter is located. Skagway is only around 20 miles but is nearly surrounded my mtns and everyone is in a 12 square block area so no surprise the very weak transmitter.

Capture2.JPG

Here is the FM station list results from my location (GPS).. Not very good! I don't pick up anything on 103.7 or 91.9

Capture.JPG

Ant tuner is only as good as its antenna.
Yes I certainly agree. Probably some sort of directional antenna might be best for me due to there being only one station to need to point it at. At times (like this morning) the signal strength is up to 60, and no static at all (like the song says) but other times it struggles to get above 30 and isn't that fun to listen to. Very atmosphericly effected is my guess..

Very interesting links! Thanks. I am tuned into 102.3 and am in the Mud Bay area just on the edge of a 1800 foot hill that is almost blocking line of sight from where the transmitter is located. Skagway is only around 20 miles but is nearly surrounded my mtns and everyone is in a 12 square block area so no surprise the very weak transmitter.

View attachment 848870

Here is the FM station list results from my location (GPS).. Not very good! I don't pick up anything on 103.7 or 91.9

View attachment 848861

Yes I certainly agree. Probably some sort of directional antenna might be best for me due to there being only one station to need to point it at. At times (like this morning) the signal strength is up to 60, and no static at all (like the song says) but other times it struggles to get above 30 and isn't that fun to listen to. Very atmosphericly effected is my guess..

During the day, there's more mobile interference from businesses, computers & cell phones.

Last night I was driving around and switched on the radio in our jeep and noticed that the station had no "st" that would indicate a stereo signal. Now I need to take my pickup truck and see if it says the same but it looks like little Yamaha is most likely just fine, and certainly good enough for the occasional use it gets here. A better antenna is likely all it needs. Thanks for the suggestions and information!

Back
Top Bottom