yamaha cx800 preamplifier

m4rz

I really had my heart set on the Yamaha CX-1000 preamplifier. However, as with all things, I was unable to get one. I have heard excellent reviews on the CX-1000 particularly the phono section which is really what I am after. Does the CX-800 compare and are there other Yamaha amplifiers that have a very good phono section?

isn't the C-70 older than the CX series. As bad as this is, I was hoping to get a good pre with a remote that wouldn't kill the bank.

I believe the CX-800 doesn't have the video switching functions of the CX-1000. It does have an awesome phono preamp on board. Most Yamaha pre's and integrateds are a going to have a good phono amp, but you can't go wrong with either the 800 or the 1000.

I have a CX-1 and very happy with it. The CX-2 has video switching if you need that.

You are better off using the DAC in a modern CD/SACD player than the one in the preamp.

The DAC hardware in CD players is like computer hardware. The next generation gets better and better although some people still like the sound of their old classic CD players.

Back
Top Bottom