Yamaha Electone EL500

sifuconman

Hi

I have a Yamaha Electone organ model EL500 which is giving me a strange problem,
When I switched on the instrument the speaker relay clicked after a few seconds and after another few seconds there was a loud "pop" sound came from the speaker but I can still play the organ !

Then there were a few "pop" sound within the following few minutes and everything is back to normal.

The instrument is using an STK 4191 as power amplifier.

Appreciate any suggestion to the cause of the problem and solution to solve it.

A lot of HS & EL series Electones suffer from electrolytic capacitor failure in the power supply (ask me how I know). Check out organforum.com for lot of helpful tips.

A lot of HS & EL series Electones suffer from electrolytic capacitor failure in the power supply (ask me how I know). Check out organforum.com for lot of helpful tips.

Thanks ! I had replaced all the electrolytic capacitors in the power supply and amplifier section but still cannot solve the problem.

If you can, figure out how to isolate the pre-amp from the power amp, then listen for noises. It would be a good idea also to verify the power supply voltages. Even better would be to get an oscilloscope to look at signals.

If you can, figure out how to isolate the pre-amp from the power amp, then listen for noises. It would be a good idea also to verify the power supply voltages. Even better would be to get an oscilloscope to look at signals.

I'll isolate the preamp today and check as advised for the noise . Unfortunately I do not have an oscilloscope but I can check the voltage.

Back
Top Bottom