ELzekio

Hello everyone

I am taking a look at this Yamaha HTR 7065 AV receiver for a friend that apparently has no sound.

88D340D6-7B62-4808-861C-170312339E81.jpeg

Upon further inspection, I have noticed that if you have the “Pure Direct” button turned on we will get good clear sound out of the speakers and headphone, but as soon as you turn the Pure direct button off, we get absolutely nothing even if you crank the volume you won’t even get any sort of faint static noise or sound.

When I power the unit up, I notice the relay on the power supply clicks on as it should, then I hear another relay click right after that, but it seems as soon as the second relay click on, it clicks back off.

So in total there are 3 clicks I hear the second the unit is powered on: the power supply relay, a second relay that I believe is on the amplifier board, and that same relay clicking back off as soon as it is clicked on. About 4 seconds after that I hear a final relay click on. It feels like this relay is on the speaker output board but it is hard to tell.

I’m thinking most likely there is a bad connection that is making the unit not want to engage a relay. From watching this video linked below I am concerned it is this chip that is causing the problems. I don’t yet have a proper heat gun to test this, but are there any other ways I can conform or rule out that this chip is the problem? Suppose I could buy a heat gun if I really have to.

902B4A26-4E56-46E2-8B33-2A2FC8BA3A2A.jpeg

Biggest thing with this unit is it looks to be a nightmare to work on. There is no removable panel on the bottom to inspect the joints in the amp board, so if the issue is down on the bottom, I’m going to have to take out every layer on top of it as well as the heat sink which won’t be fun.

Here is a link to the owners manual, I’m unable to find a service manual as of yet.

https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/8/327928/HTR-7065_Manual.pdf

Attachments

• 6B7DA2C4-6B8F-4EC5-ADD4-C46340F1C811.jpeg
    6B7DA2C4-6B8F-4EC5-ADD4-C46340F1C811.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Greetings; See page 106 to reset.. You figure it out!! :D
The remote may need to be reset, too. (IMO.. if that don't fix it? it ain't worth the anguish.. hand it back.. I doubt there are any replacement boards. I doubt you'll find anybody willing to fix it including a yamaha dealer.
---------------------
:D
Don't own it and after speed reading a lot of the user manual? Never will. I do have a RX-V861 going on the block after reading your manual because it's manual is a bitch, too. And thanks for reminding me is was a bitch.
-- I do have the RX-596 'Natural sound' with real knobs on the front!!! ($4.00 at a gw.4.00! with a remote!! ) and I can input RCA.. and great tuner. That is a high I will go for TV/aux. optional audio input. from now on!

Try looking at the ribbon cables. I had a pioneer that had similar issues. The one ribbon cable had the fingers very corroded. Someone must have spilled something in there. Cleaned it up and got it working.
Use it everyday as my main unit. So pull them all out and inspect for corrosion.

Nashou

Back
Top Bottom