Yamaha In The House!!!!

willhowl

Well, I shouldn't have done it.........but, hey........

I found a nice, clean Yamaha AX-400W integrated amp, at a very reasonable price, and brought it home........

So far, no luck finding reviews, etc......Nuttin' here on AK,can you believe it?

I DID find mention of the AX-300W......30 WPC, very basic appointments...........I'm off to look for the manual, Yam is good about posting that stuff.....

Just had to get it on here quick, to see what comes up....

Pix are quickies.....probably suck........willhowl:banana:

P.S> I must be tired, can't seem to get pix up....will try again later

Last edited:
Yamaha Update..........

Well, it's been a couple days ( seems like), and no responses.......

However, I did find more reference on the interwebs.......

It seems to be from late 80's(1987 ?)..55 WPC, It's black, not plastic.....not Yamaha high-end.....but.........

This thing works great......dead freakin' silent w/ no input....nice...I also like the Yamaha variable loudness control.....great for my apartment living situation....

Also found manual by ignoring the "W" suffix on the model #.......for 20 I'm happy........willhowl:thmbsp:

I found a AX-430 for same $ couple weeks ago.I dint find much info either,just the owners manual.It specs at 55wpc also-lots of headroom.Makes my power hungry Bic Venturis sound the best they have ever sounded.My first piece of Yamaha gear-its a keeper!

Yep.....

Alright, pmsummer, thanks............

And to 81 spirit, roger that....I've been lusting after a mid to larger Marantz, but ......Yamaha is a keeper.....

I've had some Yamaha musical instrument stuff for quite a while...little "toy" keyboards to more sophisticated gear.....they just do things right, in my opinion........willhowl:yes:

I used an AX-550(I think), that I bought in the early '90s, for a long time. It was one of the first pieces of decent stereo gear that I ever bought. I think it was 85wpc. I know I compared it to some of the Sony receivers that were sold as 100wpc a few years later, because I sold Sony stuff at the time. The Yamaha seemed more powerful.
I still have it and would like to put it to use, but the selector knob, that is motorized, needs a cleaning and I can't figure out how to get at the points that need cleaning.

I sold the AX-400 back in the day but don't recall any specifics. I can say the Yamaha integrateds were nice. This was past their glory days of the CA silver series and they did not compare to the better UK units like Cyrus and Audiolab but offered very good value for the money, sounded better than most other mass market brands and were very reliable. If I ran across one locally for a good price I would pick it up.

Well, I shouldn't have done it.........but, hey........

I found a nice, clean Yamaha AX-400W integrated amp, at a very reasonable price, and brought it home........

So far, no luck finding reviews, etc......Nuttin' here on AK,can you believe it?

I DID find mention of the AX-300W......30 WPC, very basic appointments...........I'm off to look for the manual, Yam is good about posting that stuff.....

Just had to get it on here quick, to see what comes up....

Pix are quickies.....probably suck........willhowl:banana:

P.S> I must be tired, can't seem to get pix up....will try again later

You're hooked now. :D

Yamaha makes some great gear and you're just getting started, enjoy! :thmbsp: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom