Yamaha K-350 Tapedeck

Vinylrockrob

Hello everyone,
Haven't posted for a while and have a question. Attached is a pic of my Yamaha setup of 6 components. Turntable , Amp, Tuner, CD player,Tape Deck, Equalizer. The question I have is why does the Tape Deck make a loud single 'POP' sound through the speakers when I turn it on even though the Amp volume is turned down to '0' ? All the other components don't make a sound when I turn them on individually. Turntable is not visible in picture. Thanks.

Attachments

• 008 copy.jpg
    008 copy.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hello !

OK , can you make this :

unplug the main plug of your K350
Switch the power on
switch on all your system , wait for the click of the speaker relay (temporisation) of your CA610 and then plug the main plug of the K350 . Do you hear the same noise ?
If no the "spark killer" on your main power switch is bad because it is no more able to kill the spark inside the K350 power switch !

Come bak and tell us the result of your investigations :thmbsp:

Hello !

OK , can you make this :

unplug the main plug of your K350
Switch the power on
switch on all your system , wait for the click of the speaker relay (temporisation) of your CA610 and then plug the main plug of the K350 . Do you hear the same noise ?
If no the "spark killer" on your main power switch is bad because it is no more able to kill the spark inside the K350 power switch !

Come bak and tell us the result of your investigations :thmbsp:

Thanks for taking time to troubleshoot my problem.
I did as you said and the horrible 'pop' sounded again with a very short split second static noise as well. :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom