Yamaha Love

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by SeattleHiFi, May 23, 2018.

1. drumbum

drumbum Super Member

What a TANK!

I have moved/fondled and possibly drooled on one. The "remote" also. Haven't heard it yet though.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

Yes, the B-1 is very much like a block of steel. Hoisted mine today setting up a system. Most people have never heard of the RU-1 remote control for the B-1. It's more a curiosity, not droolworthy like the B-1.

3. rottalpha

rottalpha Yamaholic Subscriber

a total sleeper from both, the looks and sund perspective.

one would never guess it is so heavy or that it sounds so good....

funny:
    Had a friend over and seen one of mine sitting on top of a steel cabinet (stored). He asked what it was and since he was curious I asked him to lift it just for kicks. His face turned red...he thought the B-1 was bolted to the steel cabinet..

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  4. rottalpha

rottalpha Yamaholic Subscriber

what's the hold-up?

5. drumbum

drumbum Super Member

Not mine.
    Need to light a fire under someone ass.:D

I only hope I can be present for the repair. Output fets are supposedly good.

6. BobHol

BobHol Old fart Subscriber

Yamaha definitely seems to be a quality company. Back in the 70's I owned a British made road bike(Viscount). It was a nice bike with a few flaws. The deadliest was that the Fork was made from Cast Aluminum. It was light but would eventually fatigue and break. Yamaha had bought the bike company around the time this flaw was discovered. Yamaha handled the recall of all bikes with this fork. The new fork was 100% steel. Eventually the bike company was closed down.

Please register to disable this ad.