Yamaha m35 not functioning

RRLegend

This Yamaha amp is black in color; does that make it modern:scratch2:
Its a nice little two or four channel amp I picked up for $30. The power light comes on but no sound. I do not hear a relay click either. I don't know it there is supposed to be a click in this amp (i'm used to vintage pioneer units). Want else can I check besides fuses and connections? (I do have a multimeter handy).

Get a service manual...I would start checking output devices..

Are you using it for 2-channel or 4-channel? Make sure the switch on the back panel is in the proper position. Are your speakers hooked up to the proper terminals? I only recently sold my M-35, and they are great-sounding amps. Did you know they operate in class-A for the first few watts?

G

no click usually means the power-amps are fried, experienced it on two occasions with yamaha myself due to bad speaker wiring.

My estimate for the cost of repair is between 150 and 300 USD. I don't think an m-35 is worth that considering it does < 100 on ebay

Sorry to revive a thread this old, but I just picked up an M-35 at a thrift shop for $15. Same deal - not click. Is there any way to fix it cheaply?

Yamaha M-35

The M-35 uses (2) STK4863 stereo amp modules.
I would check the plus and minus supplies going to the modules ( +/- 37 volts)
with minimal AC ripple.
I have one in my shop with no click on the relay. I suspect one of the STK modules.
Datasheet can be found online.

Back
Top Bottom