1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha MX-1 Thread

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by Bratwurst7s, May 18, 2018.

1. Bratwurst7s

Bratwurst7s In The Frying Pan Subscriber

Thanks guys!

Oh. Something that I forgot to mention. The holes where the mounting screws to attach the amp board heat sink rail to the main heat sink measured at 2.5mm, which is the correct hole dia to tap them for M3 machine screws if someone wants to do that job really correctly. But I didn't want to be doing any thread cutting without completely dismounting the rail, hence using sheet-metal screws like Yamaha did.

Cheers,
    James

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bratwurst7s

One last small observation. Before I went in and recapped this unit I noticed that it seemed to be running fairly hot after an hour or so of use with moderate volume levels.

Now that the amp board heat sink rails are more securely attached to the main heat sinks the amp only gets lightly warm even after several hours of spirited use.

So for anyone else with one of these amps it may pay to check how securely the amp boards are attached to the heat sinks.

Cheers,
    James

3. bmanone

bmanone Active Member

Very nice work and great photography. Thanks for the guide!

Bratwurst7s likes this.
  4. Bratwurst7s

Thanks, and you're welcome! :)

It's a good thing that the camera knows what to do because otherwise I'd be lost. ;)

Cheers,
    James