Yamaha MX 1000

what makes you think that R583 and R584 were not replaced with the correct values?
looking at other replaced resistors such as R533, 534 which are suposed to be 100ohm, it looks like they were replaced correctly
I want to make sure there are no surprises when I have the final steps.

On this photo what are the resistors?The color code is not clearly visible.

Attachments

• mx 1000.jpg
    mx 1000.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 25
so what is the verdict?
Is the amp stable now?
Hello,
I still have not finished the circuit boards. The main board seems to be stable
I do not want to replace all electrolytic capacitors. These days I will try to order them. There is no time. Among other things some capacitors do not find them. For example, 820uf 110V. They have the same but 100V.

... Among other things some capacitors do not find them. For example, 820uf 110V. They have the same but 100V.
aha, those, yes. The 100V would work, but there is a replacement not too many people know about.....but those 820uf caps, you do not really need to worry about until you do a full recap. Is the small caps that you need to check.

Look at C511. Test it out of circuit and report back.

aha, those, yes. The 100V would work, but there is a replacement not too many people know about.....but those 820uf caps, you do not really need to worry about until you do a full recap. Is the small caps that you need to check.

Look at C511. Test it out of circuit and report back.
In principle, there are no inflated capacitors, only those on the end steps, with numbers C312 and C313.

It is not just the cost but also the quality. I do not trust unofficial dealers or companies that are not recognized as reliable. :)
I think those are all original, not fakes.

This guy claims on other forums that he is some sort of a master recap genius. Probably buys the capacitors in bulk, packages them and re-sales them for about 5 times what the caps cost. In the past he was selling a bunch of BP (green Nichicon Muse) instead of polarized caps. That sometimes works, but it adds unnecessary ESR to the circuit) Now he changed his cap selection...still not supplying the correct replacement for the 820uf 110v caps, either because they are more expensive than what he offers (1000uf 100v) or he simply does not know what the correct replcacement is available.
I have seen his adds on ebay, out of Canada. No problem there, everyone needs to make money, but I am considering that AKers are able to make their own selection and buy at a major supplier, particularly when all caps values and sizes are readly available.

Last edited:

This guy claims on other forums that he is some sort of a master recap genius. Probably buys the capacitors in bulk, packages them and re-sales them for about 5 times what the caps cost. In the past he was selling a bunch of BP (green Nichicon Muse) instead of polarized caps. That sometimes works, but it adds unnecessary ESR to the circuit) Now he changed his cap selection...still not supplying the correct replacement for the 820uf 110v caps, either because they are more expensive than what he offers (1000uf 100v) or he simply does not know what the correct replcacement is available.
I have seen his adds on ebay, out of Canada. No problem there, everyone needs to make money, but I am considering that AKers are able to make their own selection and buy at a major supplier, particularly when all caps values and sizes are readly available.
Today it's hard to know someone is a deceiver. Unfortunately, one must first get burned. In such a world we live.

Surely, Sir Rottalpha. You teach me that when you replace it, the component must be totally reliable and must be the right one. I want to be sure and sure of what I put. I do not want thoughts because those are taken from other things.

Today it's hard to know someone is a deceiver. Unfortunately, one must first get burned. In such a world we live.
The caps he is selling are genuine...based on the photos. I do not think he is a deceiver. He just tries to make a sale.
Is the buyer's choice to either pay or not pay the high asking price.

In the past he was selling a bunch of BP (green Nichicon Muse) instead of polarized caps. That sometimes works, but it adds unnecessary ESR to the circuit)
Hey rottalpha, this statement caught my eye because because I replaced a pair of polarized 100uf/10v caps in a late 60's Sherwood with BP Muses (amp section). Partly just to see what would happen. And nothing happened...sounds very good in fact.
Can you further expound on what you wrote, should I reconsider my experiment?

Back
Top Bottom