Yamaha NP-S2000 Network/Media Streamer Review

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by OnTheBlitz, Oct 1, 2016.

1. OnTheBlitz

OnTheBlitz In memory of my best pals Hunter and little Scoots Subscriber

I'm writing this review in the event that someone wants to know my thoughts. I'm not sure why Yamaha stopped production of this unit, but the NP-S2000 is Spectacular! When I purchased my Yamaha A-S2000 in April of 2014 I wanted to get the companion, same series, Yamaha Network Player - but they where no longer available. Like the Yamaha A-S2000 and A-S2100 which I own both of, the Yamaha NP-S2000 is built like a tank. Sound quality is superb and it also has balanced outputs. For a 1U rack component, this unit is deceiving when you go to lift it, it weighs nearly 30lbs!. If you want the "matching" Network Player companion for your Yamaha A-S2000 or A-S2100, you can't go wrong with the NP-S2000. It is still supported by Yamaha with Firmware updates, these are acquired by pressing a sequence of remote menu buttons, when the Network Player is plugged into the Internet. if you can find one for under $1K, acquire it! You won't be disappointed!

Pros: Balanced Outputs make it the perfect companion for the Yamaha A-S2000, A-S2100 or A-S3000 integrated amplifiers. The build construction if 5-Star. Separate Power Supplies for Digital and Analog. Built like a Tank!

Cons: Bit pricy, but if you can find one for ~$1K, worth every penny.

Note: Starting with Firmware version 3.01, 192kHz is supported (was 96kHz). Firmware instructions should be on the Digital Docs site in a week or so.
    Yamaha_NP-S2000-0.jpg
    Yamaha_NP-S2000-1.jpg
    Yamaha_NP-S2000-2.jpg
    Yamaha_NP-S2000-3.jpg

Update: 10/07/2016 Owners Manual and Firmware Update Instructions are now on the Digital Docs site

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Musicfan#51 and red 111 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Nakamura

Nakamura New Member

post is removed to a better location...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018