page11.jpg

Overall response on and off axis:

NS1000X03060.jpg

Response with lpad adjustments:

NS1000Xadjustedsettings.jpg

Polar:

NS1000Xpolar.jpg

Sure!

It's a good speaker, with relatively low distortion and even decent polar response for a cone/dome speaker. The tweeter isn't terribly extended but has good distortion specs, comparable to some of the better modern dome tweeters. The off-axis response is better than many dome tweeters, even up to 60 degrees off axis, it's rolling off smoothly.

The midrange has very good distortion specs with a little hiccup at 2500 hz. I still believe the midrange to be the component that provides most of the NS-1000s magic to their fans. For dome midranges, it's among the best, even today.

The don't have the standard woofer specs, so I can't comment. The NS-1000X woofer has relatively low distortion and is a very good performer. I'd love to hear it used in a larger cabinet tuned to 40hz, it would likely have even lower distortion and legitimate deep bass response. But, the NS-1000X at just a hair under 100 lbs, would be brutal to move if twice as large. :)

And here are some NS-1000 plots for comparison. When driven by the right amp, like the B-2 in particular, these speakers sound superb IMHO. :yes: :tresbon: :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom