Yamaha NS-1000M speakers for CR-1000 ?

sssboa

Currently I use budget Tannoy speakers. I can buy NS-1000M for decent price for Europe.
I heard NS-1000 are tinny on bass due to being closed and filled with damper, though CR-1000 receiver pumps a lot of bass in.
What do you think about CR-1000 receiver with NS-1000 combo?

NS-1000m's are not "tinny". They are picky about amplification. I have driven mine with 2 Yamaha integrated amps with success. I am now driving them with an Odyssey Khartago amp and BAT preamp. They sound better than they ever have. With my set up, I have plenty of tight, well defined bass.

What do you mean by a 'decent price'?

The NS-1000M is one of those world-class products that, at the time, was something quite exceptional. I'd like to find some in the UK at what I'd call a decent price!

Do check the foam-rubber surrounds though, or factor in the cost of repair.

The sealed-box design, somewhat rare now, can give much more accurate transients and phase response than a reflex enclosure of similar size. This can be to the detriment of overall efficiency and absolute LF extension. (However, The NS-1000 is large enough for those things not to be a serious issue.)

The CR-1000 would be an ideal partner IMO. Definitely buy!

Do check the foam-rubber surrounds though,
Don't bother looking for rubber foam. At least not and OEM driver. They used and rubberized cloth.
My NS-1000's and NS-1000M's still look like new and they are pushing 38 yrs since they were purchased new.

I think you have misunderstood the use by Yamaha of bookshelf speakers. Here are the dimensions for the NS1000, 710 x 395 x 369mm, almost three quarters of a meter tall. Here are the dimensions for the NS625, 500 x 280 x 249mm. The sizes of these two boxes are quite difference. If you have the chance to buy them then you have the chance to listen to them first and then make an informed decision.

I wasn't trying to compare the two, merely stating that the 625s were great - even if they didn't image as well as the Leak 3020s I had at the same time. I have no personal experience of the NS-1000s, but everything I've ever read about them has been good.

BTW, the 625s presented quite a difficult load, as I recall. Probably another reason why I gave them back.

Back
Top Bottom