Yamaha NS-2000 1st Impressions

Even though I am still in thinning out my collection, paying to ship a pair of FX-1’s from Switzerland may be worth it. I’ve never seen another pair for sale before and they are PURE GOLD!
and by the time you brought the here, you'll prolly end up paying pure gold prices too :)

Last edited:
No, never could find anyone to refresh any of my B-1’s so they were all sold off
Not to thread jack but had I known I would've done it for you. I love helping those wonderful amps live on into the future ... :thumbsup:

The HX-10000’s are great Phono PreAmps. I use them almost exclusively for my phono sections regardless of the system

In my best attempt not to derail this thread, what cartridges do you typically run through an HX-10000 when you output to a pair of NS-2000's (or possibly FX-1's)?

In my best attempt not to derail this thread, what cartridges do you typically run through an HX-10000 when you output to a pair of NS-2000's (or possibly FX-1's)?
Almost anything since the HX-10000 has so many setting for impedance. But currently I think I am running a DL1000 through an PX-1 turntable into the FX-1’s

Almost anything since the HX-10000 has so many setting for impedance. But currently I think I am running a DL1000 through an PX-1 turntable into the FX-1’s

Very nice...I was wondering if it's a case of only being enjoyable when its paired with really high end carts or if it's in fact so good that it can pull more out of mid-range carts than lesser phono stages can. If you're running almost anything on it then I'm guessing it's more of the miracle worker type. If I ever buy into the Centennial series I think this will be the first component I get because it's the hardest to find. Having relatives in Japan makes it a possibility but currently buying a house makes it more of a long term goal. :biggrin: I'll probably pick up NS-2000's before I get to that step and the CX & MX-10000 come up a few times a year on the yahoo jp auction and occasionally at the used shops in Japan. I'd pick up a CDX-10000 but would rather put that money toward a GT-2000x. Hopefully I'll get to hear a pair of FX-1's at least once in this lifetime.

I was very, very close to purchasing a set of FX-1 that were sale here in Australia. The reason I baulked was that I was concerned about finding a replacement beryllium dome for the compression driver.

I have NS1000XW and the chance for a swap over into ns2000. is REALLY worth it? Like, what difference would you notice in 4 x 6m room (12ft x 18ft in dinosaur measurements).

I have NS1000XW and the chance for a swap over into ns2000. is REALLY worth it? Like, what difference would you notice in 4 x 6m room (12ft x 18ft in dinosaur measurements).

Sig indicates you have 690's...which do you currently prefer, 1000xw or 690's?

I really like my NS-1000xw's but prefer the NS-2000's. A 12' x 18' room is large enough to appreciate the additional bass extension and dynamics of NS-2000's. My thread in Members Systems shows the evolution of my system, that evolution in large part being speakers.

I really like my NS-1000xw's but prefer the NS-2000's. A 12' x 18' room is large enough to appreciate the additional bass extension and dynamics of NS-2000's.

:thumbsup: even though I have no direct experience with either but given how wonderful my NS-1000M's sound in my small 8' X10' listening room I couldn't agree more!

Little Listening Romm.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom