Yamaha PC2002M - weak channel?

backyardking

Hi....I'm reposting this from the general discussion forum.
Recently noticed one channel was louder than the other on my Yamaha amp. I verified this by the needles on the meters. I switched sources from phono to CDs speaker wire, speaker jacks switched sides and switched out preamp. Still got a weak channel. I can correct it by tweaking the attenuators on the amp or speaker balance on the preamp. Is it ok to listen like this or am I not getting the best possible sound this way. Any ideas on what the issue may be?
Thanks

Hello. Something similar happened to my PC2002M. The culprit was the stereo / mono switch, it had dirty contacts.

I'm wondering now if it's really a weak channel or if the peak level meters need adjusting (to be reset). When I dial the attenuator back to make the needles the same one channel is louder even though the peak meter appear identical?

The cheap way to check it: Measure the output using your mobile or your computer as a signal generator (there are a lot of applications). Select a sine wave, 50-60Hz if you don't have a true RMS multimeter.

Back
Top Bottom