Yamaha PC5002M extremely rare

Well can't say for you but I like the new green wave, only it's 20 years late. Just think about the new cars, there are no real reason why they did not start making them loong time ago.

But all this is not for this forum! so lets stick to audio gear.

Well, I like the green tech! I think Class D and higher class based on Switching Power Supplies are used for PA and in industrial applications for as long as I remember.

It's just that the ICE amp won't cut in for me with regards to sound quality (may be one day but not just yet for now).

If the system is fully active(an independent mono amp assigned to each individual driver) the situation of one portion of the frequency spectrum causing problems for drivers which handle the other portions of the frequency spectrum,doesn't arise.

Another reason to go active.... :yes:

I am not sure this would be a good deal, but Mark would know.

it was mostly a joke - you probably haven't heard this in Denmark, but our government is actually considering something like this for automobiles to increase the percentage of green cars on the road. makes a fair amount of sense, IMO.

In Denmark we have around 170% tax on cars... and are way ahead of the US talking about tax breaks on safty and green cars/fuel. But strange enough the US might just implement this before Denmark, only pure electric driven cars are free/partly free of tax (no hybrid, fuelcells or what ever - batteries only). But a change is announced from 2012/2015 - so yes we are way ahead with talking but... talking only :)

A Mercedes 350CLK Cabriolet stock is MSRP $56.100 in the US, in DK it's $218.522. Hopefuly they will make one with electric motor only - one day.. ;)

Last edited:
Finally...i sold out my Accuphase A-50 and replaced with 101m, i hope can get one more for bridge connect!! :D

Finally...i sold out my Accuphase A-50 and replaced with 101m, i hope can get one more for bridge connect!! :D
I'd love to see and hear that. The 101M shows up on on HiFiDo occasionally, so chances are decent that you'll eventually get another one.

:nerd:The Kill-A-Watt test on the PC5002M and MX-10000 is done.

At idle the PC5002M uses 152 watts and the MX-10000 uses 191 watts... :sigh: No wonder my electricity bill has increased.

Regardless of the AC line voltage source, the idle power consumption should be the same.

My ML335 consumes about 330W idle so Yamaha MX10000 is more efficient.

And how would this transfer to the 240V units... any?

(Mark I asume you have the bias set correctly on the 5002M)
The seller of the PC5002M is the owner of a small recording studio in Dallas TX, and he did his own maintanence on his gear. He said it was operating within spec when I bought it from him.

I don't touch things like bias. Measuring DC offset is as far as I go with messing with the electronics of my gear. That measured fine, and the amp runs nice and cool so I'm not concerned about the bias setting.

The seller of the PC5002M is the owner of a small recording studio in Dallas TX, and he did his own maintanence on his gear. He said it was operating within spec when I bought it from him.

I don't touch things like bias. Measuring DC offset is as far as I go with messing with the electronics of my gear. That measured fine, and the amp runs nice and cool so I'm not concerned about the bias setting.

about half of my channels had drifted a few mV in bias. It's spec'd at 7-9mV, IIRC. It's super easy to measure and adjust on these (a twitch of the wrist was enough in my case), and that goes for the +/- 120V rail voltage too. DC offset isn't adjustable. Obviously if there was a real bias problem you'd probably notice it in either the sound or the heatsink temp, but just FYI.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom