YAMAHA RS-700 equalizer question

Gingybread

Looking at buying the RS-700. See that the receiver has a tape loop. I know you can hook up an EQ, but it’s an input. So I can’t run the EQ while listening to CDs and stuff? Yes? No? Please help me out.

You use the tape loop with the input set to tape. The front panel 'rec out' control switches sources.

You could also run the equalizer through the pre-out/main-in loop which to me is preferable sound-wise - but that means you can't use the receiver unless the equalizer is powered on.

thank you for your help. One last thing. For the Yamaha R-N803 there’s an input & output on the back. Could I hook up a EQ through that too or no?

You can only use an input-output loop if the receiver has "tape monitoring" -- as far as I can tell by looking at the picture of the front of the R-N803, I don't see a "tape monitor" function, but maybe I'm missing it.

The tape monitoring allows you to listen to a recording as it is being made; therefore, you can set it for monitoring, and modify the CD signal through the tape loop as you listen to it. But without tape monitoring, it won't work.

Back
Top Bottom