Yamaha RX-570 Receiver - Need Info

stevesailor

No, not duct tape....
I've never had or listened to a Yamaha receiver before, but was curious enough that I bought a *very* clean, apparently fully operating RX-570 for $15 today. It didn't come with a remote or any manuals. Tonight I listened to FM using headphones and it sounds real sweet!

I've Googled myself silly trying to find more info, including the Yamaha site....but no joy... Even eBay has none listed.. :no:

All I've found is it was first released in 1993 and is 70wpc. Does anyone have the full specs on this? Most of the controls are self-evident, but how do you program the "sleep" mode? Sources for the OM or SM? Is it worth buying the remote (about $35 used..) if I decide to find a new home for it? Or would that be a waste of money?

I just picked up an RX-700U for $10, one channel is dead. I'll be watching this thread with interest. As for the remote, I wouldn't bother. You could probably find a programmable remote that would control this unit. I'm sure it would be in the Harmony database, and probably most others.

As for the remote, I wouldn't bother. You could probably find a programmable remote that would control this unit. I'm sure it would be in the Harmony database, and probably most others.
If you mean Logitek Harmony, they say they can control the RX-570 but the prices for their remotes are $150 to $400 unless I'm missing something on their website. :saywhat: I don't need a super-expensive universal remote to control a bunch of stuff -- I don't mind cheap, separate remotes. So if I keep the Yami, I think $35 would be more my speed. I'm open minded, though, if there is a rationale....:scratch2:

Exactly the remote. And only a few bucks more than the used one I found. I've bookmarked the page, Thanks!

And, "Yes" to the photo you linked. A very nice looking $15, eh?? :yes:
Mine has maybe a blemish or two more, but I have to look closely. I've got some old Cerwin Vega D-3's I might hook it up to soon, just to see what I get...:thmbsp:

Is that other RX-570 on craigslist somewhere? Asking price? ... just wondering..

Back
Top Bottom