Yamaha RX-930 Junk-Yard Reject

OCDAudio

Luke Sleepwalker,Jedinite
Just found this at recycle yard, they wouldn't take it unless the metals were separated so the guy just left it. Took it home,works fine...One Mans' Trash... Anyway,Need any info I can get. What can this thing do ?...JB

Attachments

• yamaha rx930 re-sized smaller.JPG
    yamaha rx930 re-sized smaller.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 142
Just found this at recycle yard, they wouldn't take it unless the metals were separated so the guy just left it. Took it home,works fine...One Mans' Trash... Anyway,Need any info I can get. What can this thing do ?...JB

That looks exactly like mine. It's a video system router, multiple inputs and outputs, all selectable via remote, plus video "Enhancement." Also it has dolby sourround decoding. The volume control is motorized so that it can be operated by the remote. I have the service manual and remote if you're interested, I threw the unit away recently due to several transistor failures. The audio is 50 watts per channel. Actually the model number is different from mine, this may be 90 watts per channel - or 90 watts total. When sold new the unit included a subwoofer, which I also kept.

The port at the top middle left is for a ribbon cable to connect to other components such as Cassette and linear record player so that they can be operated by this unit's remote. The cassette etc. don't have their owh Ir sensor circuitry. It's to bad but since I threw this away I no longer have remote operation of my Yamaha cassette deck.

Show the front.

Last edited:
Yamaha RX 930 ?

I think this is it from old file,not labeled as usual,is this it ?? Does this pic of front look familiar ? I LOVE Remotes like that, my Sony 601 has all the same features, need a comparison, I think the Sony might have more watts, any advice between the two ??...JB

Attachments

• yamaha rec.jpg
    yamaha rec.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 103
  • yamaha rx930.jpg
    yamaha rx930.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 47
I think this is it from old file,not labeled as usual,is this it ?? Does this pic of front look familiar ? I LOVE Remotes like that, my Sony 601 has all the same features, need a comparison, I think the Sony might have more watts, any advice between the two ??...JB

The front doesn't look at all like mine, but it seems to have the right functions, the back is identical.

Ah, ok, mine is the AVC-50, yours doesn't have dolby.

Last edited:
MelodyCat

What's with your Avatar,encouraging such behavior...see the results of such indulgenceses...

Attachments

122.6 KB · Views: 171
MelodyMaker Yam rx930 pic update,got a knob?

Maybe this looks like the front...Can this compare to my Sony TA-AV601 ??
oh..BTW...click on cat... my Cat can out-relax your Cat...JB

Attachments

• yamaha rx930 front close.jpg
    yamaha rx930 front close.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Fat Cat.gif
    Fat Cat.gif
    119.5 KB · Views: 26
Maybe this looks like the front...Can this compare to my Sony TA-AV601 ??
oh..BTW...click on cat... my Cat can out-relax your Cat...JB

Yes that looks like my unit, though mine is an AVC-50.

The smoking cat frame still is from a 1932 Vitaphone short subject about a smoking cat.

Back
Top Bottom