Yamaha RX-A3030 stuck on Zone 2...HELP!

Tracy Brink

I have become aware that my AV receiver settings have changed, not sure how or why, and now it is displaying Receiver Zone 2 when I never setup a Zone 2. My remote functions do not respond like normal and I'm not able to restore the receiver to the original Zone 1 setting.
I've lost the ability to use the phono function and the DVD function, this I am assuming is because they are set to Zone 1?
I have been able to use the TV function by physically using the Main Zone button on the front panel to power on the receiver, but I'm really lost at this point.

ok, the zone button function has solved the issue, the first few times I tried this it did not work but it has restored Zone 1 function this last time.
sorry, my bad

Whew. I'm glad that you worked that out. I was worried that my 3030 was going to flake out soon! :eek::)

Also, when equipment qlitches like that, it's usually helpful to power it off, and unplug it for a few minutes. That usually resets the internal processors, and corrects the malfunction.

I'm not a trusting person.
I have not allowed my Yamaha a2020 internet access, do not trust a bug in new software.
If it is working fine, why do I want a software change? Too many stories of bad software upgrades.

I download the new firmware to a thumb drive first, and then do the update. I don't trust streaming the updating live. My internet is too buggy to risk that. Even then, I only upgrade if the new firmware has something specifically
I want or need.

Back
Top Bottom