Yamaha RX-V2400 comes on and shuts off immediately...ugh

maybe I need to try it one more time...lol...I still have it...

Don't give up too soon, as I messed with mine for over a hour two different times before it stayed on in "Analog Default". I had hooked up two speakers to the fronts a CD player in case it powered up on this setting in the "Diagnostic Mode" I went thru those 5 steps many many times before mine stayed on in Analog Default then I turned it off after a hour or two of music to make sure all the PCB's were warmed up and all the "caps" had full power back to them. Then I went thru the 5 steps again and the processor went back into the factory default settings and everything worked correctly again and all the functions were displayed on the front end again. . I had just retired and monthly SS check now and could NOT afford a $1,000.00 or so for another AVR. My Visa was maxed from helping the kids so I stayed after it and kept trying, holding the button IN while on Analog Default. I guess this time being broke and hard headed paid off. Knowing this one had worked for years before being boxed up and stored in my closet made me think it was not hurt from a thunderstorm etc Buying a used one and it NOT powering up is a crap shoot, maybe you will get "Lucky" .

pulled it out and trying it again. I notice my display is showing a little red "sleep" flashing on and off. I dont know what or why or how.

tried now about 5 times

Those of you who have listened to the v2400, what do you think of it as a stereo amp? I have one that I bought cheap a few months back. I found the sound pretty dull. I started messing with the EQ and that made it sound a little more lively, but I was never able to really dial it in so i shelved it. I still have it because it's a near TOTL piece that I don't want to give up on.

I want to like this amp. I want to like it's grandfather, my mint v1050. But neither of these, plus an RX-595, get my juices flowing. Might just be a personal preference.

I like the way my 2400 sounds on 2 Channel Stereo with the subs or Straight with no processor and subs VMMV rooms ,speakers etc.......... Pure with the Blue light is a acid test (no subs) and this is straight line no attention added to the signal.Different media and songs sound better on different mode settings sometimes too. This also ..... Depends...... what speakers you mated to it. This makes a HUGE difference.... don't think our 2400's drive 2 ohm speakers... see what I mean. Play with the Eq and give the the 2400 and few days. For STEREO the 2400 would be my pick from your list.

I know this is super old but in case anybody still has there RX-V2400 just wanted to pipe in that mine lasted 6 yrs before it started shtting down as soon as it was turned on and with an analog out blu-ray player would still do everything soundwise I needed other than newer picture passthrough. so worth every cent!

My 2004 RX-V 400 is still in the bedroom driving my Heresy II for my TV and CD, DVD use. SO glad I kept trying to re-boot to Diagnostic Mode and found the Analog Direct. So far my 2008 RX-V 1900 7.1 HD (same specs at 2400) but has Bluray HD audio with HDMI ports still works like new BUT waiting on it and 2008 55" LCD/LED TV to quit so I can justify to wife why I NEED new ATMOS AVR and 4K 65" new Bluray player for 4K and ceiling speakers as this upgrade addiction never ends :) .

I still have mine. I still can't figure out how to set my blu ray player (Marantz BD8002) to output through its multichannel outs so I can enjoy HD audio with the V2400.

Thanks lab3!

This six year old post saved me from tossing out my monster yamaha reciever

dounds great

thanks so much.

john

Hey John
Glad it helped you as sometimes nothings helps but sending it to the factory or its a door stop LOL
My 2400 is still running in spare bedroom 3.1 and my RX-V1900 HDMI 7.1 from 2009 still works in den, keep waiting for it to die so swing a ATMOS 9.1 by the wife. :)
Non use for some reson will make them act odd sometimes.

Louis

Back
Top Bottom