Yamaha speakers... really?? ID request!

Danzilla

EDIT: Actually, she got back to me and DID get the model number off the speakers. Seems they're model S48T. A lot easier to find references to them now, though mostly only other sale listings. :p Not a single other mention on AK other than the one I just made. Other online references seem to indicate they're not well thought of. A collaboration with "Welton" that was sold from Rent-a-Centers.

Hey. These popped up in local FS and clueless seller couldn't mention model or even brand. When pressed she came back with "Yamaha". Thing is, while I've seen some higher end speakers with the directional tweeter out the top, I haven't seen any Yamahas that look like this. Anyone have a clue what they are and if really Yamaha's, what model are they?
I'm thinking they're just white van speakers, but without a verified brand name, it's hard to be sure.
Thanks,
D

4964dd3c20ff4cf08cd228d5a7b05e84.jpg

Last edited:
So the mystery is solved. Yammy does have some odd looking towers like that, NS-555, F901, but they and almost all other Yamaha speakers have the company name and logo on the bottom front.

Welton S48T’s. They make large dj type grey fabric covered speaks. You’ve seen their stuff I’d bet.
peace,
Jeffro

EDIT: Actually, she got back to me and DID get the model number off the speakers. Seems they're model S48T. A lot easier to find references to them now, though mostly only other sale listings. :p Not a single other mention on AK other than the one I just made. Other online references seem to indicate they're not well thought of. A collaboration with "Welton" that was sold from Rent-a-Centers.

Hey. These popped up in local FS and clueless seller couldn't mention model or even brand. When pressed she came back with "Yamaha". Thing is, while I've seen some higher end speakers with the directional tweeter out the top, I haven't seen any Yamahas that look like this. Anyone have a clue what they are and if really Yamaha's, what model are they?
I'm thinking they're just white van speakers, but without a verified brand name, it's hard to be sure.
Thanks,
D

View attachment 1248598

Attachments

• 21F75D65-605B-4E1C-AC36-F79568DA53FF.jpeg
    21F75D65-605B-4E1C-AC36-F79568DA53FF.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom