Yamaha T-1 Advice

Spenser

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Yamaha T1 1.jpg

I bought this at Goodwill and was going to send it on down the pike. Butt. ARGH. Cannot. Do. It.

Too pretty. And.

I'm too curious how it would work it if was given the love it deserves.

(Tangent; what it this "FM Switch Off" stuff I'm reading in brief glance at couple other threads!!!)

Yo Avionic. Do you have someone you like if xraytonyb up the road here is not up to it? It's boxed for shipping.

Everything seems to work. Can tell it needs an alignment. Have not had the cover off.

Speaking of the cover. It's all scratched up. One would need automotive-shop-level-work to get it to factory finish. I figure sand it to an even surface; whiz roll bonding primer; then spray it with that super whoopy Krylon Fusion. (never tired Fusion yet -- got me a can and an itchy trigger finger)
Yamaha T1 5.jpg

I need to get it back out and look again. If memory serves, signal strength indicator and band centering were not synched. Could be getting it confused with a Pioneer SX 939 I just did, which is off but settled in some after a bit of run time. Standard folded dipole. Thanks for Punker X referral. Saw where on another thread you mentioned.

Last edited:
signal strength + band centering (station is tuned properly) do not synch. they are different indicators. Do you get music clearly? wwwfmtunerinfo.com provides lot of information about FM tuners

Hey Jygesq. Thanks for your inpput. I used poor word choice. Sorry. Yes I think get music clearly.

Band centering and signal strength different but would seem to me that signal strength should be greatest when also band-centered (according to meter).

Also would seem third and fourth meaures also should be reading strongest / steadiest when band-centered, these being stereo indicator lamp, and special dial needle indicator lamp. Not sure they are.

I'm going to get the tuner back out and examine its performance more carefully, and on other stations not just on my favorite station, AND while also looking at the service manual!

You're absolutely right fmtunerinfo is excellent and I will read the section on this tuner there again. Have read it three times so far.

Thanks again, Jygersq!

No. FM Mute/OTS not switched 'on'.

And, I just now set it up on the fourth floor / loft (rather than first floor).

I think I may have been mistaken. It seems to be performing better and not as far off as I thought. It seems like it is performing better with more run time if that is possible. It may not have been used for who knows how long.

I'm glad I did not let this piece go. It sounds good.

I need to read the owner's and service manuals. There I go again. I apolgize for NOT doing this before spending people's time. Feel shame.

Back
Top Bottom