YAMAHA T-2 Dismantling

oldmarantz

If someone knows
I m a little Idiot with this yammie :no:
it s the first time I ask myself for this kind of question but this tuner is a real safe
how to remove the top cover I removed the bottom and now :scratch2:

I'm not sure. That looks tough, like the rest of the cover is one solid piece. Maybe the innards have to come out as one piece?

T-2.jpg

Last edited:
I think there is a kind of frame but how to remove the frame from the box there are tons of screws inside I don t want to do a stupid thing :yes:

Think I may owe an apology to oldmarantz. Believe it was lost in the translation that 'dismantling' simply means taking apart to mod or repair. While over here (in the U.S.) we think of 'dismantling' as taking apart for scrap, like in a junkyard.

Like most of the high-end separate Yamaha's of this era, the T-2 is built upside down. That is, the case is very heavy and acts as the chassis. The bottom drops out for access to the interior. The C-85 has side rails that pull out to remove the balance of the chassis. Not sure about the rest.

Last edited:
Yamaha B-2 said:
Think I may owe an apology to oldmarantz. Believe it was lost in the translation that 'dismantling' simply means taking apart to mod or repair. While over here (in the U.S.) we think of 'dismantling' as taking apart for scrap, like in a junkyard.

Like most of the high-end separate Yamaha's of this era, the T-2 is built upside down. That is, the case is very heavy and acts as the chassis. The bottom drops out for access to the interior. The C-85 has side rails that pull out to remove the balance of the chassis. Not sure about the rest.

Yes you re right I don t want to break it :nono: I m not so crazy :D I just want to remove the cover and for this Yammie it s not so easy :yes:
I bought a SM and waiting for it as I said before I don t want to make silly things...

Per the exploded drawing, the top and front panel are one. You must remove the two side panels, which appear to be attached to the inside of the top with screws only accessible from inside the unit. It is fairly complex and I do not have a scanner. Is page 20 and 22 of the SM.

To make up for my faux pas, the next time I am in la capitale de la gastronomie francaise, I will treat to a glass of vin at your favorite bistro on the Place Neuve Saint-Jean. Hopefully, this summer (at least that is what my wife, the French teacher, tells me :thmbsp: ). Best of luck with your T-2.

Yamaha B-2 said:
Per the exploded drawing, the top and front panel are one. You must remove the two side panels, which appear to be attached to the inside of the top with screws only accessible from inside the unit. It is fairly complex and I do not have a scanner. Is page 20 and 22 of the SM.

To make up for my faux pas, the next time I am in la capitale de la gastronomie francaise, I will treat to a glass of vin at your favorite bistro on the Place Neuve Saint-Jean. Hopefully, this summer (at least that is what my wife, the French teacher, tells me :thmbsp: ). Best of luck with your T-2.

You know Lyon :thmbsp: I live at 5 km of Saint Jean! :yes:
On my side I was in California on September for holydays (3rd times :D )
I love S-F a nice and cosmopolitan town :yes:

"I love S-F a nice and cosmopolitan town "

I was showing some colleagues from Paris around San Francisco a few years ago. They had visited a number of other American cities earlier on their trip. When we took them to the North Beach neighborhood and had a glass of wine in a sidewalk cafe there, the wife of my colleague exclaimed "Finally! A normal American city!"

Would it be true.

Hi Guys

Finally I got a SM and done what I had to do with the T2
Yes S-F for an european can be a human size town opposed to L-A by example

Back
Top Bottom