Yamaha T-2 & T-7

Showme2

I picked up a T-2 Monday for $100 and found a T-7 Yesterday for $50 so I bought them both. They seem to work fine and are very clean. My question is that neither has a backlit dial. Pretty sure the T-2 is supposed to but what about the T-7? Do both of these have lamps that need to be replaced?

The T-2 has 4 lamps that can burn out - one for the meters, one for the tuning scale, and two for the pointer. You can get to the meter and tuning scale lamps by removing the bottom cover. The pointer lights require removing the tuner from the case.

That's for the replies. Other than the tuner scale lights they seem to work fine. The lights so doable.

Outstanding deal on the T-2. I've owned two of them for years and they never disappoint.
I replaced all the lamps on both more than once. Not a difficult job. They can all be replaced with a little patience.
The hair thin wire are 'wire wrapped' in a tight area. I left them alone and cut the wire a few inches from the dead lamp.
Soldier and heat shrink makes it easy.
Get a copy of the owners manual. You'll need it to understand the push buttons.
Happy listening!

Thanks, I'll print out the owners manual's. i plan on putting them in a system with a Decware amp that's being built along with open baffle speakers.

Good deal on the T-7 to:thumbsup:. I had one a while back and it was one the better sounding tuners I'd brought home. It took a freshly aligned Sansui TU9900 to send it to a new home.

The T-7 doesn't have a backlit scale. But the dial point is a LED. Sound is vey nice and the motorized station memory a show.
Check the internal battery on the T-7, after 30+ years it tends to leak and might damage circuit boards beneath.

T-2 is back from the tech and rockin-out. I love it. Total investment $160 and I think it was totally worth it.

Back
Top Bottom