Yamaha T-2 tuner: Loud pop when turned on and when turned off

Definitely easier to find. I've found sources for new CA-1010 and C-2 & C-2a power switches from Mouser. Don't have first hand knowledge of the T-2 switch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! When not plugged, turned on, then plug in the socket -> doesn't pop. Plug out -> no pop. So it should be the power switch then?

Then I could upgrade this unit with a Triac solution, like I did in the B-2.

I hope my posts are not perceived as this. They are based on technically sound information.

He was referring to me, because I accused him a couple times of too much blablabla and too little helpful info.

But this time he had a proper pragmatic tip :p

Definitely easier to find. I've found sources for new CA-1010 and C-2 power switches from Mouser. Don't have first hand knowledge of the T-2 switch.

Please do share :angel: I am still looking for a switch like for my CT-600, which I cannibalized for the B-2.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! When not plugged, turned on, then plug in the socket -> doesn't pop. Plug out -> no pop. So it should be the power switch then ?
I think so , yes

Definitely easier to find
I was refering to the Quencharc resistor/capacitor switch snubber component. .
Need a switch for your tuner ? Find a parts unit is my best answer at the moment.Or maybe clinic audio can save the day.

Dave

Karma 's a bia**h when it bites u in the a$$ :D

Both, Patrice and Dave have done this for decades....full time, not like most of us weekend warriors. I tend to take their suggestions serious.

I am really happy you resolved the T-2 problem. It supposed to be a mighty fine tunner. :thumbsup:

while FM stations in the US turned to crap, I was eyeballing one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Natu...254525?hash=item3aeacaadfd:g:I0AAAOSwQ59ZY8Sv

The horder in me has itchy fingers (especially for the black unit since it matches my other Darth Vader black Yammie gear); the rational side says that I will probably gain nothing but braging rights and would listen to it no more than a couple of times in my life.
I know, in Netherlands / EU, you have better stations ...still, how many times do you find yourself listning to FM in a month's period?

Cheers:beerchug:

Need a switch for your tuner ? Find a parts unit is my best answer at the moment.Or maybe clinic audio can save the day.
Dave

I do , yes !
send me PM if you need brand new one

I was refering to the Quencharc resistor/capacitor switch snubber component. .

Dave

Those snubber / resistor combo's are mostly only used in US models. In European models it's mostly a seperate resistor and and a separate snubber:

upload_2017-8-19_11-11-29.png

I think I'll go for the Triac switch, in that way I can recycle the power switch.

Karma 's a bia**h when it bites u in the a$$ :D

Both, Patrice and Dave have done this for decades....full time, not like most of us weekend warriors. I tend to take their suggestions serious.

I am really happy you resolved the T-2 problem. It supposed to be a mighty fine tunner. :thumbsup:

while FM stations in the US turned to crap, I was eyeballing one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Natu...254525?hash=item3aeacaadfd:g:I0AAAOSwQ59ZY8Sv

The horder in me has itchy fingers (especially for the black unit since it matches my other Darth Vader black Yammie gear); the rational side says that I will probably gain nothing but braging rights and would listen to it no more than a couple of times in my life.
I know, in Netherlands / EU, you have better stations ...still, how many times do you find yourself listning to FM in a month's period?

Cheers:beerchug:

I always take Dave's suggestions serious, no doubt about that ;)

The CT-7000 should be a bit better than the T-2, but that price is too high. In Europe they go for 500 euro's.

Back
Top Bottom