Yamaha T-7 Tuner Output Assistance needed, please…

wajobu

Boing Boom Tschak
Hello all. I recently purchased a very nice looking Yamaha T-7 Tuner (successor to the T-1—probably the same era as the CR-xx40 receiver from the looks of it). It practically looks brand new. :D

The buttons, LEDs, lights, tuning, etc. all work. Even with a minimal antenna this tuner seems to tune in stations quite well on both AM and FM. The one puzzle (that I knew about when I bought it) is that at both the fixed and variable outputs (same variable output knob below the faceplate like the T-1) do not work for AM and FM, but they do work just fine for the Record Calibration tone…curious. With headphones, I can hear AM and FM just fine with the volume control at about 11 o’clock, but it’s faint. :scratch2:

I don’t yet have a T-7 service manual (I do have a T-1 though), but do any of you vintage gurus have any thoughts on where I might start before I open the box? Many thanks in advance.

Thanks TRM...I have sent for a T-7 Service Manual. I think that I will move this thread to the Tuner Section (hmm...if that's possible).

I purchased DSP-A2070 in early 1990 work excellent, no problem yet, but after we relocated in 2001, I gave to my parents and setup for them just for basic VCR and CD and tape sources. My parent did uses oscationally, until 2003 I visited my parents and found out that the source switch does have problem when activate switch from remote. like VCR1, VCR2 the noise creep up through speaker. Now 2006, I took it with me to my house. Disassemble the front panel, and now seeing all small circuit boards. The switch is motorize, attaching to great deal of circuits-boards. What I need now is looking for Yamaha parts department. And ask them how much does this part cost with shipping. Or per hap what is the real solution here?

Common problem with that motorized selector switch. Search threads about the RX-550, it used the same switch and some folks here have worked on them. Hope the one in my DSP-A1000 does not act up. Of course I only use the 3 main power amps, so I would probably not even notice if it went.

There are two muting transistors in the T-7 output and the big IC that controls them has been known to fail. One that went throught here was 'fixed' by simply removing a resistor, clearing the voltage that shut them off. Result was no muting ever but at least sound came through.

Back
Top Bottom