Yamaha T-7 Tuner Output Assistance needed, please…

wajobu

Boing Boom Tschak
Hello all (moved this thread from Vintage Solid State):

I recently purchased a very nice looking Yamaha T-7 Tuner (successor to the T-1—probably the same era as the CR-xx40 receiver from the looks of it). It practically looks brand new (inside & out). :D

The buttons, LEDs, lights, tuning, etc. all work. Even with a minimal antenna this tuner seems to tune in stations quite well on both AM and FM. The one puzzle (that I knew about when I bought it) is that at both the fixed and variable outputs (same variable output knob below the faceplate like the T-1) do not work for AM and FM, but they do work just fine for the Record Calibration tone…curious. With headphones, I can faintly hear AM and FM stations with the volume control at about 11 o’clock. :scratch2: So the output is really VERY low (barely even registers at the outputs with my digital voltmeter set at 200mV. +.1 mV briefly, then to 0mV).

I don’t yet have a T-7 service manual (but have ordered one), but do any of you vintage/tuner gurus have any thoughts on where I might start to tackle this? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom