Yamaha T2 need an alignment?

So far, I have noticed:

1. tuning meter is centered when unit is off
2. when antenna is disconnected and tuner needle is at the left of the dial (or any position where no station is detected), tuning meter rests one bar to the right of center
3. optimum tuning position for any channel also appears to be when needle is one bar to the right of center
4. I have not noticed any drift

Is this a simple meter adjustment, or an alignment issue?

Well, this thread was almost a year old and Mike at RadioXTuners already aligned it for me last spring.

I'll keep it forever, so it was worth it.

Old thread, I know. What a coincedence. My T-2 has less output since yesterday. It turnes out that exactly the the same 2SK68A is broken :idea:

So the NTE458's did the job? And are still doing the job?

Well, this is odd. Two months later: low output in both channels. Both 2SK68A's (TR413 and TR414) are toast and measure as a resistor :idea:

This must be caused by something up stream I guess..

I needed to replace the two scale bulbs in my T2 and checked around while it was open. Nothing else seemed to need any attention and thank heaven for that : I would not want to start recapping this thing. It sounds and receives perfectly and the above advice to leave things alone then is correct. I don't believe in the internet hype of absolutely recapping everything that falls in my hands. I recapped my Kenwood KA-6000 and I can't hear the difference (but ruined a few other bits in the process). I also recapped my Advent Heritage speakers three times and ruined the sound. I ended up throwing the fat and expensive ''audiophile' caps out again.

Apologies for resurrecting this old topic. I added a beautiful T2 to my collection, and it had a problem. The volume was low, and uneven between channels. The culprits, TR413 and 413, 2sk68a. Both measure as a resistance. The idss in this case is not very critical, so I decided to use some lsk189 that I had on hand. I confirm that they work perfectly. I also have some LSK170 that should work too.

By the way, excellent tuner, it surprised me.

Last edited:
By the way, excellent tuner, it surprised me.
Yes, a terrific tuner. If I wasn't trying to downsize to one (1) system, I would still have mine (recapped & aligned). Plus, the T-2 is visually one of the finest looking tuners to my eye. Good luck with yours.

Back
Top Bottom