Yamaha Tuner Comparison

avionic

" Black Knights "------- F-15 " Wizard "
Subscriber
Just mess'n around a little tonite.Was comparing my T-1 , T-7 and T-70.
The T-7 with issues blows the other two out of the water.No comparison.Especially for pulling in the fringe stations with crystal clear clarity and excellent seperation with dead quite background. Surprises the heck out of me. Man I just got a little incentive to put the external antenna up on the tower and see what she can do.

:yes: :thmbsp:

Heard a T-2?

although the T-1 shouldn't be THAT far behind, is it all tuned (pun intended) up?

I'd like to hear one of those early Ts. I've heard the T-70, 80, & 85 and the 85 blows the others out of the water like your T-7, Dave.

Glad you are happy with that T-80! I think it's better than many tuners I've heard, but that T-85 is a cut above. I replaced that T-80 with an analog tuner (Akai AT-2600) who's tuning performance is about on par with the T-80. I just wanted something 'different'.

I agree with Rene, I have had both and the T-85 is much better. That does not make the T-80 bad and it is far from the only digital tuner has been bested by the T-85.

Not a surprise the T-7 does well. It seems to share the same tuning head as the CR-2040 which has very impressive RF performance. The sound is not great but that is probably because the associated circuitry is much simplified compared to the T-7.

How do the TX-900 and TX-1000 tuners rate to the T-80 and T-85?
I like my TX-900u better than my TX-1000u although the 1000 was much nicer to look at.

I have not tried a TX-1000 and I did not have the others side by side, but I would rank the 900 closer to the T-80 than the T-85.

I would think there is something amiss with your TX-1000 if it is not as good as the 900.

Nice looking tuners as I have never seen either the 1 or 2.Funny thing I never see Yamaha turntables either.

I had a tx-1000 and thought that the t-85 was clearly better....not sure if digital tuners can come out of alignment but it must have been

Back
Top Bottom