YAQIN MS-22B Phono Stage

coronachris

I am very happy with the MS-22B. I own a luxman c120a which is a well respected pre amp, it is in need of a recap and I don't have the time right now, and have wanted to venture into the world of tubes a bit so this seemed to be a good time. For a T.T. I run a Dual CS5000 w/ortofon OM20. Running through the Yaqin. To a Grant Fidelity TubeDAC 09 which is doing double duty as a pre amp. To a Luxman M120a Finally to a pair of Klipsch Heresy II's. To my ears so far it equals the luxman, which I think is pretty good for the price. I believe the gain is a bit lower than a SS which evidently common with tube pre amps. I notice it a little bit quieter, but nothing I'm worried about. I did upgrade the tubes to TJ full music tubes early on, which I had wanted to do. It sounds so good I'm having trouble finding the time to give the original tubes the proper break-in time for a fair comparison. Hopes this helps someone. Chris

YAQIN MS-22B Stereo Tube Phono Stage#Vacuum Tube Amplifier

Hello all! I saw the above tube pre on eBay and was hoping someone with much more experience than I (I'm a relative newbie) could give me some alternative options at the $150 -$250 price range that would be a better option as a pre.
For reference, I have a Dual 1228 w/ a Ortofon OM20 cart, Technics amp and currently RtR IV C speakers. I plan to upgrade slowly as my budget allows, but am ready for a nice phono pre.
Thank you so much for your time and expertise!
Scott

I just bought one and am totally impressed. Get it warmed up, put on Pink Floyd DSOTM and hear it again for the first time. Warm, rich sound. I have a Rega 3, running into the Yaqin MS-22B, into my Kenwood KR-9600 and to my Pioneer HPM 100's.. I can't wait to go through all my albums again. Great product IMHO.. I don't consider myself an audiophile I just love music. My suggestion, for what it is worth, you cannot beat the price for what this little unit delivers.

Back
Top Bottom