Yaqin Tube Amplifiers - Fun for Anyone ???

Well, I see this thread is about 8 months old but what the heck, I’ll play.
I’m in the process of negotiating with one of the eBay sellers for a Yaqin MC 100B. I’m hoping to get it for $550 - $600 air mailed to my door. I have heard good things about the 100B for quite a while and think your getting a lot of amp for relatively little $$.
Naturally you need to get rid of the stock Chinese tubes that come with it and put in some decent tubes to get the best sound, but that is known and expected by now.

I also have a Yaqin MS 12B Phono/Line PreAmp I use as a Phono pre for my Thorens TD-165 turntable. Added it to my system, rolled the tubes in it, and wow it really made a big difference in the quality of the music.

I have a MHZS CD88E tube based CD player that I am blown away by every time I listen to it. I never was a fan of CD’s over records but this one never fails to impress me.

Also have a Little Dot Mark IV SE tube based headphone amp that I really enjoy with a pair of AKG K701 cans for private listening.

I’ve had these now for a couple years and have had no problems. Do your homework before you buy and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can get.

Still not a lot of info around about this gear- here's another arbitrary opinion to keep the thread alive.
I bought both the MS 12B and MC-100B at the same time. Both HK-based sellers' communication and packing were exemplary.There have been some criticisms of some of the hi-fi products coming out of China recently- I have read of quality inconsistencies between same model products. No operational problems with mine- to date. This Yaqin combo gets played the most of my three systems; the MC-100B with original tubes, new issue Mullard 12AX7s in the pre-amp.

I bought a Audioromy FU13 of leshele on ebay a month ago. It instantly replaced a Cambridge Audio Azur 540a. There was no need for detailed listening trials. The bass was fuller, the mid-tones beautiful and the highs just as precise but possibly more harmonic. I play Magnepan SMGa´s with ribbon tweeters (90dB). The amp has plenty of power for these speakers. The FU13 (813) tubes glow like light bulbs and give of a healthy 300W of power, so you can sell the living room heater. They are beautiful to look at except for an annoyingly bright blue indicator light. In time I´ll put in a resistor.
The amp arrived from halfway around the globe in 8 days through the UPS system. It was well packaged, and in perfect working order with spotless finish. My only negative remark is that there was no manual beyond a diagram of what tubes to insert where. I recommend it highly.

Trondareo, here plays the audioromy to.

over1.jpg

Its me who started this thread. I did not bought this particular Yaqin MC-10L, too much risk. Price in Europe was around 500 EURO + expenses for Russian tubes. Although Yaqin positioned itself as "premium quality" its technical terms like "loose true degree" sounds like jargon (probably they meant THD). So I bought 2 vintage tube amps - Fisher 400, and then Pioneer SM-83. You can read about my impressions on web site:
http://www.vacuum-tube.eu/audio_pioneer_sm83_restoration_en.html

Happy listening :music:

Last edited:
I thought about buying a Chinese amp but the shipping costs at the time were prohibitive unless you used the slow boat from China. I decided to go with the Elite 80+ from Ideal Innovations in Canada, Syd there can answer any questions and S&H was very reasonable at around $40 USD, now they even offer free shipping on that auction site. I love that tube amp sound with the Altecs, Dave.

Ideal Innovations

Here's another satisfied Chinese tube amp user. I started with a dirt cheap Meng 'Music Angel' 10wpc 6N2/6P1 amp (its a gray-market Sophia Baby), and was impressed enough with the sound that I sold my McIntosh gear and used the proceeds to fund the purchase of a Jas Bravo 2.3 a month later, and put the Meng into headphone-amp duty. Both are fantastic amplifiers when compared to others in their price-class, with the Jas being awesome compared to just about anything.

Like has been said a million times, the one modification that has to be made right out of the box is replacing the tubes, either with Svetlana for soviet tubes, or NOS.

Im running an MC-10L II and love it to death, shes a keeper for sure. I got rid of all of the stock tubes and now run the EH 6CA7 fat boys for the output and Svetlana 6n1p for the preamp stage....beautiful beautiful music.

Damn not sure what to get now :D :D

I'm mostly into rock and blues music what do you recommened?

I like warm stuff :D :D

I have been using a Music Angel KT88 for a while now and really like it a lot. I got it on the bay from tubenstein delivery was 4 days. I use my laptop as source with a DAC and it makes my Heresy IIs sound heavenly.

A word of advice I am in a negotiating match with an Ebay dealer from China who sent me a defective Yaqin MS-12B preamp.Dealing with this character is like negotating the supension of nuclear testing. All the while he is my "friend" but so far no support of any value.
They know it probably cost more to ship back to them than any item is worth. I say buy from China but only through a local(Canada A-okay) importer that backs their products with local warranty service.

A word of advice I am in a negotiating match with an Ebay dealer from China who sent me a defective Yaqin MS-12B preamp.Dealing with this character is like negotating the supension of nuclear testing. All the while he is my "friend" but so far no support of any value.
They know it probably cost more to ship back to them than any item is worth. I say buy from China but only through a local(Canada A-okay) importer that backs their products with local warranty service.

Shipping this amp in both ways will be probably more expensive then buy a new one. I think it will be better to find a local tech who will repair it.

Your right about having it locally repaired. I've been trying to convince the seller in China to at least split the bench cost with me just because and we are at a stalemate as of this writing. I just want to see how he deals with the truth.

I've been looking at the MC-100B myself and may give it a try, it certainly looks good....:scratch2:

Wow this is a blast from the past! I ended up with the MS-300B, it's a lovely amp! I still would like to try a 100B, but have decided to built my own amp using EL84's, just for fun...:D

Ok,

As I sit here listening to Mozart's Jupiter Symphony through a Scott LC21 and a Audio Aero Capitole I just finished repairing, I can say this. No Yaquin would compare to this system. But, you could buy a warehouse of Yaqin amps for what this rig costs. To me, the Yaqin products are an inexpensive way to get into tube audio. I find their sound to be more pleasing then the usual consumer solid state audio one might find at a Best Buy, and they sure are cool looking.
But there is a reason why their amps cost less then a set of transformers for a pair of my mono power amps. As they say, you get what you pay for. I have seen under the hood of a couple Yaqin amps and the build quality isn't there. But, I can say the same for a few other tube amps which I have seen great reviews on in hifi mags. I don't think anyone, who is presently using a modern solid state receiver in the under $1,000 price range, would be disappointed with the sound from a Yaqin tube amp. But, someone with something like a Scott 299 or a Dynaco ST70 and PAS2 would be in for a let down. Again, you get what you pay for.

I've been using a 12B phono pre and a MC-100B integrated. The stock Chinese tubes weren't to bad, but rolling did indeed make everything better. Gold Lion reissues in the 100B is a good route.

Overall, the sound is pretty amazing. I'm actually powering a pair of Magnepan 12MG's in the 30-35W triode mode with no problems whatsoever.

The thread starter... Where did you get MC 10L for only 70 euro
Thanks!!!

I'm was supposed to get it but it was a typo of seller - first number missing :tears:. The actual price (May 2008) was something around 370 or 470 EURO, I did not remember already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom